What did you learn today?

(Karim Wassef) #1546

pickle sandwiches???!! woohoo

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1547

Today, I learned that (for the 9482399393th time) itā€™s worth taking the time to put yourself in someone elseā€™s shoes and frame of mind, sometimes. Especially if that person is special to you. So many disagreements can come to a much better ending when you drop assumptions and hug things out. :heart:

(bulkbiker) #1548

Although Iā€™m not so sure the lady at the checkout thought the same after our disagreementā€¦?:laughing:

(KCKO, KCFO) #1549

I am so going to try this. I love my pickles, make a lot of them myself or use Bubbies or Clausens. I used to eat pickle sandwiches, a piece of bread cut in half and filled with slices of pickles. Yumm.

I learned (again) today, that I have WAY more energy than my much younger co-workers. Good Lord! Even while fasting, actually, especially while fasting. Its mind boggling until one begins to understand the scienceā€¦thank you Dr. Fung!!!

So I worked 10 hours today. Unloaded a truck with my boss. She scanned, I stacked totes and cases around the stockroomā€¦over 200 of them. Didnā€™t even take a break afterwards. Didnā€™t need to. Chugged salted water all day. Never missed a beat. Finishing my shift, not sure what got into me, but I did that little jump-skip thing in the air and my co-worker (24 yrs old) completely freaked. She squealedā€¦and after calming down, asked what the hell had I been drinking in the stock room. LOL!

Third thing I learned is that I exercise absolutely no finesse or common sense when breaking a semi-lengthy fast. First thing I ate? Iced tea. Green salad. Steak. Steamed broccoli and a side of butter. I could only eat half the steak and broccoli, but the butter I horked down like ice cream. I feel fine, btw.

So, today was a great day for learning. And, breaking the fast.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1551

Now we know how to get on your good side: butter you upā€”literally! :grinning::grinning:

(Alec) #1552

It makes perfect Stone Age sense, doesnā€™t it? No food coming in, the human brain must become sharper and quicker and energy must be available to enable improved hunting skills and energy to go get some food.

LOL! Yes, I love my butter. Iā€™ve got my whole family eating real butterā€”not ā€œI Canā€™t Believe this Bullshit Excuse for butterā€ stuff.

When confounded, my daughter and I both exclaim, ā€œWell butter my butt and call me a biscuit!ā€

Butter is good.

(Alec) #1554

Quote of the Day!

Iā€™ve been thinking about this one. I donā€™t know enough about the specific RnY procedure to know if there are different versions or maybe just that itā€™s sensitive to how the particular surgeon performs the operation. The upper small intestine contains different sensors in different places, so maybe if one person was bypassed an inch or two one way or the other it would make a difference.

Or thereā€™s something else going on beyond just the GIP and GLP-1 dynamic.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1556

Not food related but very interesting. Cool to see Queen Victoria and parts of her family.

(Ellen) #1557

3 things, if my flatmate says the food at x place is awesome itā€™s probably mediocre at best, if you canā€™t finish a meal you have to take it in a doggy bag, saying no is unbelievably rude, and always take tissues with you when out as they only have ā€œwetā€ bathrooms.

Youā€™re braver than me, for sure.

(Ellen) #1559

Nah, you could do it (if I can, anyone can) . I do have a hose in bathroom in flat, need to figure out how to use properly without soaking clothes so can do public toilets even if no tissues.

More power to ya! I canā€™t even imagine. Set in my ways, I guess. I need my Charmin!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1561

Thatā€™d be a new adventure! We need to carry tissues too. If you forget then it is a drip dry situation.

So you know how they always say ā€œdonā€™t eyeball or guesstimateā€ your portions?

Today I learned a tablespoon is not nearly as much as I thought it was. I actually measured the HWC for my coffee this morning (instead of pouring from the carton), and got quite the shock.

All these months I thought I was putting 2Tbs in my coffee, and it was really closer to four. No wonder my coffee tasted so good! :rofl:

(Ellen) #1563

Yeah, going to practice at home just in case.

You donā€™t even want to know how much HWC gets poured into my no-bake cheesecake fluff. I donā€™t eat that except when Iā€™m severely hungry.

If I were to eat cheesecake fluff I would look like this afterwards