What did you learn today?

(Doug) #1469

It would be quite a burden for those ~400,000 people, taking all 7,699,615,000 of us in. :smile:

I doubt that many of us would survive to flockā€¦ i need glasses or contacts, -6.5 on both eyes, iā€™m probably in the first line of ā€œnatural selection, only the fit surviveā€ :wink:

(Karim Wassef) #1471

OMG

Thatā€™s why weā€™re hairless, bipedal and carry fat the way we do!?

Alsoā€¦ very carnivorous like whales and dolphins :smiley: ā€¦ had to throw that in

The omega 3 probably accelerated our brain development too. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve learnt that even one hour of good excrercise has made a difference in my butt muscles and legs and i can feel the tone and firmness already. Its motivating at the least.

(Karim Wassef) #1473

(Libby) #1474

What I learned from the above video that Karim postedā€¦

There is such a thing as Obesogenic Rat Chow! LOL! And it has the same proportions as the SAD! Yikes!

Also, you can tell if you are fat adapted by how much CO2 you exhale compared to how much oxygen you inhale. Does this mean it is ā€œgreenerā€ to be fat adapted? Can I get some kind of tax break from this?

Also, the mitochondria in a 70 kilo person make 70 kilos of energy daily. Things that make me go hm. I wouldnā€™t mind someone explaining that further.

Nice video, great speaker. Thanks.

I learned today that putting grated Parmesan cheese on a George Foreman grill and frying it is the most amazing thing ever, and is a very fast way to eat almost an entire container of cheeseā€¦Iā€™m going to feel that later, not regrets though :rofl:

Yep. And then they have the nerve to report that as ā€œhigh fatā€.

(Karim Wassef) #1477

Sometimes, we just need a hand

Not to help us, or pick us up, but just to be there - the power of human contact (physical or virtual) is amazing

Severe IR can create insulin levels of 1000. :dizzy_face:

And a couple of fructose related tidbits.

(Karim Wassef) #1479

forward 11 minutes inā€¦ wow!

some people have a muted GIP (gastrointestinal peptide), so eating sugar doesnā€™t cause as significant an insulin effect! Eating glucose increases insulin MORE than taking intravenous glucose - and this is why.

19 minutes inā€¦ high basal insulin (fasting insulin) can stop weight loss, even with keto (in the beginning) since itā€™s not diet based.

33 minutes inā€¦ lean mass loss with fasting (increasing and then decreasing)

35 minutes inā€¦ metabolism increases for the first three days of fasting, and then dropsā€¦

37 minutes inā€¦ the ā€œfurnaceā€ model

40 minutes inā€¦ protein sparing modified fast (0.7g / lb of total mass)

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #1480

Iā€™ve learned that I probably should stick to OMAD. I decided to try to do some lunch because I was a bit hungry (I could have just not eaten)ā€¦

Its surprising how easily carbs (from coconut/almond flour) can add up. Also, protein.

My macros:
Net Carbs: 10g
Fat: 65g
Protein: 31g
Calories: 779

I had 2 beef hot dogs (2g carbs) and a home-made ā€œbunā€ that was basically a small amount of fat head pizza dough. I was surprised at how quickly it added up. This was at around noon.

Pre-meal readings:
BG 97, BK 0.9

4-hour post-meal (after running to the grocery store):
BG 101, BK 0.4

ETA:
15m later (or so, after drinking it)
BG 121, BK 1.3
30m after drinking (or so)
BG 114, BK 1.2
Probably wonā€™t test again until supper
Need to find a way to keep BG low again

After testing I had some water w/ MCT powder, so interesting to see what my readings will be.

Recently my BG has been higher than my average, and Iā€™m not really sure why. I think I also need to make sure that Iā€™m drinking enough water (and iced green tea w/ peppermint tea).

This is how some gastric bypass surgeries ā€˜cureā€™ diabetes within a few days.

(Jane) #1482

I hadnā€™t heard that. I have friends who have had the surgery and some can eat sugar and others it practically sends them into a coma from the sugar crash, so insulin has to be high for them or something else is going on.

Depends on the type of surgery. Some bypass parts of the stomach with the incretin sensors.

(Jane) #1484

These are all RNY patients. Are you saying there are different ways to perform the RNY procedure? Not arguing - just wanting to understand more about it all.

(Jane) #1485

I learned my chickens LOVE yogurt! I had read about that and had some with a little mold on top, so I scooped that out and discarded and put the rest in a bowl for them.

Claudia was the first to try it (as usual) and she kept wiping her beak on the grass after every bite. So fun to watch them all!

(Kirk) #1486

I recently learned the rules have changed for blood donations in Canada. I was unceremoniously booted from the program five years ago after I had a heart attack. (Triggered by CO buildup thickening my blood from a fire attack). I challenged my ban recently at the provincial headquarters, and learned I could donate again if in good health with no heart issues. Keto has helped me get below my high school weight, and fitter than Iā€™ve been in decades. Iā€™m back, baby!

I have a pic somewhere of my chickens eating yogurt for the first time. They were going at it so fast and furious that it was flying everywhere. The pic shows it even on the top of their heads! Going to find the pic nowā€¦

(Ellen) #1488

Woot! Thatā€™s great :grin: Everyone that can, should; you might just help save a life.