What did you learn today?

(Karim Wassef) #1449

Sugary drinks including fruit juice linked to risk of early death, study says https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/health/fruit-juice-sugary-drink-early-death-study/index.html

(Troy) #1450

Yet Again going out with others ( user error )
I should just not gošŸ™‚

The 100% Given and known - Iā€™m not hungry for breakfast. Therefore I do not eat at all. Nothing. I drink black coffee. I show up. Period.
The Ask - ā€œ would you like to meet us out for breakfastā€
The Answer - ā€œ Ok, sure. ā€œ
The Arrival - Waitress taking orders , ā€œ ok. I will have Just iced black coffee please ā€œ.
THE OTHER(S) - ā€œ oh, you are not eating? You should just get a side of somethingā€ ā€¦ Then comes the look of confusion and shock on their behalf. Perplexed :joy:

I learntā€¦Somethings will never change
And, I donā€™t care at all
In the beginning, I would get angry or upset
Nowā€¦just a lovely NSVšŸ‘šŸ»

(KCKO, KCFO) #1451

troy, just a lovely NSV is how it should be. I would hope that your friends are supportive of your wanting to take care of your health.

I have been eating this way so long my friends think nothing of me saying ā€œI canā€™t eat that.ā€ One of them even makes sure I have raspberries with cream available when we eat at her house. She went low carb after asking me what I did to lose my weight, but still eats somethings I would not put in my mouth, but she understands the no breads, pastas, and potatoes since that is about all she does and she lost the 20 lbs. she had gained. Iā€™ve learned we all do what we can, if someone doesnā€™t want to do keto fine by me, if they just cut down on all the bad stuff it is still a good thing.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1452

:clap::clap::clap:

Today, I learned what penury means. :slight_smile:

penury

• n. Extreme want or poverty; destitution.
  • n. Lack; want; scantiness.
  • n. Extreme poverty; want; indigence.

Thanks @Elle79!

(Troy) #1454

I have to confessā€¦
And for me, I learnt what the heck the word ā€œ learnt ā€œ means or that it can be used at all in any form :joy:

Thanks this threadšŸ˜„

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1455

I learned today that stress eating keto friendly food is or can be pretty guilt free. I do love macadamia nuts and pork rinds.

I learned that two out of our three very young angus calves have a wicked sense of humor. Saturday morningā€¦the one morning hubby and I can sleep inā€¦the calves decide to go exploring outside the fence. At 4:30 am. No amount of fencing can hold them.
Anyone care to hazard a guess what happens next?
Yes, thatā€™s correct. The Mama cows call them. And call them. And call them. And keep calling them until the whole damn penninsula is awake!
Its been a long day.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1457

Maybe this should be in the Humor thread. Just saying. :rofl:

(Karim Wassef) #1458

In reference to diet - I always wondered why killer whales didnā€™t eat peopleā€¦ very interesting that theyā€™d kill and eat dolphins and even other whales, but not people. Either they donā€™t like our low fat content, or they have a cultural or learned bias to not eat us.

I thought it was an interesting article.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1459

Killer whales are dolphins. Soā€¦ ā€œtheyā€™d kill and eat whales and even other dolphins.ā€

(KCKO, KCFO) #1460

Those are two of my favorite things. Sung in my imitation of Julie Andrews voice.

(Karim Wassef) #1461

okā€¦ courage and confidenceā€¦ :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #1462

That is awesome.

I learned today that bad science frequents in professional sports, as well - just like with nutrition, research is thrown around and interpreted as an individual sees fit. Sports as an institution/factory/businessā€¦:woman_facepalming:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1464

I learned from the TV show, QI, that the term ā€œkiller whaleā€ is a mistranslation of a Spanish word meaning ā€œwhale-killer.ā€

I learned that I might be smarter than the average bear, but not smarter than @FrankoBear.

:smile::smile:I think yogis have it together better than me. Iā€™m just accumulative curious about things.

(Carl Keller) #1467

How about endurance? The next time you get grumpy for having to spend an hour at the market shopping for meat, remember this man who spent 8 hours chasing down his dinner:

Just as Graham Hancock would say-worst comes to worst, we would all flock to hunter-gatherers and beg them to take us in :wink: