What did you learn today?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1404

As for the meaning of p < 0.05, see An investigation of the false discovery rate and the misinterpretation of p -values

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1405

I learned yesterday, that grounding up pork rinds in the VitaMix, makes them moist and weird and problematic to adhere as breading.

I’d heard that so I use the ziploc bag/rolling pin method. Elevates the mood too :wink:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1407

Lol i did that the last time but I didnt get them as fine as id like, and was chunky. I need a less powerful food processor. Have a small crap one but the container is so tiny

(KCKO, KCFO) #1408

The high speed melts the fats in the rinds and makes it a total mess for sure. We have a blender that has a low setting that can work, but honestly I just use a rolling pin with the ziplock to crush them. Good exercise and can do it while watching telly :).

(Karim Wassef) #1409

(Karim Wassef) #1410

(Karim Wassef) #1411

image image

Screw wisdom teeth tho.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1413

I do have flavored sparkling waters when I fast, maybe that is why my fasting mojo has gotten rusty? I won’t be having those anymore when I fast, and in general they will become an occasional treat in a wine cooler only. Oh well good for my recycling bin as well.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1414

I’m drinking one right now leading into lunch at 18 hrs. I avoid them when 24+ hrs fasted. Don’t know if they do anything to my insulin levels.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1415

She mentions a patient who usually has 100 as first reading, by dropping the flavored water, it went to mid 60s.

So I think I will just cut them back and not use them at all during fasting

(KCKO, KCFO) #1416

Learned something else today.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1417

I listened to this and much of it made sense. But 8 servings of berries a day. I can’t do that. I would carb out. Berries have fructose and that is not measured by A1c but is a problem, at least in my system.

Flossing daily and the importance of dental hygiene is #FTW.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1418

Finally got around to listening to this. I am starting to REALLY love Dr. Mason. He explains that genes play a role in why some of us can eat salads and not react to the lectins, while others can not. He talks about a lot more that is well worth your time.

(Alec) #1420

I learnt that there are 3 quarks per proton. I thought there would be way more than that! Surely?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1421

Protons are quarky that way. But we all have our ups and downs.

:rofl:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1422

Three quarks for Muster Mark!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1423

Charming!