What did you learn today?

(KCKO, KCFO) #1400

Ketoers are not the only people to love their butter. Interesting article about Irish and Scottish butter in bogs from Early Bronze Age (c. 1700 BC) to the 17th century AD

(Ketopia Court Jester) #1401

Yeah, we canvassed that earlier.

(Karim Wassef) #1402

Always good to take published results with a pinch of salt… and why n=1 (self experimentation) is likely to become more prevalent… in my n=1 opinion :smiley:

(Bacon is the new bacon) #1403

I like Derek. He’s a very interesting guy.

(Bacon is the new bacon) #1404

As for the meaning of p < 0.05, see An investigation of the false discovery rate and the misinterpretation of p -values

(I'll trade you my bacon for your cheese) #1405

I learned yesterday, that grounding up pork rinds in the VitaMix, makes them moist and weird and problematic to adhere as breading.

(Boots on? Balls to the wall? Good start.) #1406

I’d heard that so I use the ziploc bag/rolling pin method. Elevates the mood too :wink:

(I'll trade you my bacon for your cheese) #1407

Lol i did that the last time but I didnt get them as fine as id like, and was chunky. I need a less powerful food processor. Have a small crap one but the container is so tiny

(KCKO, KCFO) #1408

The high speed melts the fats in the rinds and makes it a total mess for sure. We have a blender that has a low setting that can work, but honestly I just use a rolling pin with the ziplock to crush them. Good exercise and can do it while watching telly :).

(Karim Wassef) #1409

(Karim Wassef) #1410

(Karim Wassef) #1411

image image

Screw wisdom teeth tho.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1413

I do have flavored sparkling waters when I fast, maybe that is why my fasting mojo has gotten rusty? I won’t be having those anymore when I fast, and in general they will become an occasional treat in a wine cooler only. Oh well good for my recycling bin as well.

(Eric - Less is more!) #1414

I’m drinking one right now leading into lunch at 18 hrs. I avoid them when 24+ hrs fasted. Don’t know if they do anything to my insulin levels.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1415

She mentions a patient who usually has 100 as first reading, by dropping the flavored water, it went to mid 60s.

So I think I will just cut them back and not use them at all during fasting

(KCKO, KCFO) #1416

Learned something else today.

(Eric - Less is more!) #1417

I listened to this and much of it made sense. But 8 servings of berries a day. I can’t do that. I would carb out. Berries have fructose and that is not measured by A1c but is a problem, at least in my system.

Flossing daily and the importance of dental hygiene is #FTW.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1418

Finally got around to listening to this. I am starting to REALLY love Dr. Mason. He explains that genes play a role in why some of us can eat salads and not react to the lectins, while others can not. He talks about a lot more that is well worth your time.