What did you learn today?

(Heather Meyer) #1364

Nope…i am in a womens keto forum on facebook and “Keto Crotch” is apparently a real issue…just ask their husbands!:joy::rofl:

Gross

(I say this as someone who used to frequent the Keto forums on FB)

(Cindy) #1366

Really has nothing to do about being “allowed” to call it fasting. Anyone can call it what they want, when they want. :wink: I also have no intention of drawing any lines.

I thought I explained that it was just annoying to me. Yes, fasting is abstaining. So people can say “I FASTED all night long. Whoo-hoo!” But really, they were sleeping. Or I fasted for 12 hours (skipped lunch). LOL

The problem I see with it is that the language makes it bigger than it really is…and that sometimes makes people think it’s harder (or more important) than it is. Again, I know that for some people, skipping a meal is a BIG DEAL. But an 18 hr fast can be sleeping, then skipping breakfast, which can be as simple as someone woke up late and didn’t get a chance to eat breakfast.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1367

So Facebook makes women’s crotches smell bad? I’d love to see the research on that one! :grin::rofl:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1368

I learned today that people can be pedantic about negatives and their opposite positives. Is it TRF or is it IF? I don’t give a blur. I use the concept of both to help me with fixing my metabolic morbidity and that is what I care about.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #1369

@Janie What happened to the old what I learned today thread?

(Susan) #1370

I learned that “Muting” a thread you find offensive only works if you don’t see it in other threads.

Fuck it - I can remain silent & swear free no more. Keto Crotch is not a thing. NOT A THING.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1372

I learned that @Regina doesn’t have to worry about keto crotch because she’s menopausal. I also learned that you don’t have a vagina anymore after menopause. Thanks Regina. :joy:

(Diane) #1373

This would surely be a problematic state of affairs!

(Karim Wassef) #1374

weight watchers ‘promotional’ science?

(Diane) #1375

Have a :purple_heart: (out of likes again).

And thanks for sharing this link!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #1376

How do you mute a thread in here? That is definitely something I would like to learn today.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1377

At the bottom of the topic it says Tracking or Normal, click on that and you can change your status to anything from Watching to Muted.

(Jane) #1378

Apparently it got deleted by accident.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #1379

Cool! Thank you!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1380

Not deleted, but accidentally hidden from everyone. It will take Carl or Richard to go in and fix it, and right now they are working on other problems from the move to the new server.

(Jane) #1381

Yeah, not as much a priority as fixing the other bugs.

If it gets restored then perhaps this one can be merged with it so all our learnings are in one place.

No rush. I appreciate those working on the other bugs.

We’re gonna see how long you go before you POP! :slight_smile:

Today I learned what pedantic means.

That didn’t take long.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks :grin:

I believe her. She’s the expert on this subject.

The lady & her lady are just fine thank you :roll_eyes::grinning: