What did you learn today?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1306

Happiness isn’t everything—it doesn’t get you money! :grin:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1307

Thats ok, you dont want money because then your viewpoint or opinion is somehow less relevant :woman_shrugging:

(Running from stupidity) #1308

It’s DIFFERENT. It’s not hard to get a hold off AT ALL as an idea unless you’re int eh process of deifying a mere actor.

What you mean I shouldn’t take the motivational advice of someone like, say, the Marginal “President” just because there’s a 99% chance he’s completely removed from the common person’s experience?

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1310

Deifying=recognizing a good point when its made? Interesting. Or are you referring to my model Ark of the Covenant filled with Bill Murray movies and signed memorabilia? Be more clear, because apparently, easy concepts escape me. Oh to be as smart as you!! Ill fast and pray to Bill Murray to bless me with the gift of brilliance. Sackloth and ashes for me tnite!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1311

Not just today, but I have learned a lot from these forums. I guess I am a “nut belief” virgin. (Hoping I offend nobody). I should know better. I had a half-brother, who, if he was alive would be 74. In the 70’s and 80’s he was a vehement “Vatican II is the devil’s work”, Bishop Hunthausen is the AntiChrist", etc., etc. I recently made the mistake of contacting one of his sons through FB. Pleasant guy, we shared family photos, etc. My nephew is 54. Flat earth, anti-vaxx, no moon landing, school shooting actors, you name it. Like there was no a la carte menu, you had to buy the whole thing. NO MORE CONTACT! SMH.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1312

Oh my!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1313

Brainwashing. Anyway, who cares if the earth is round or flat? I’ve been solidly on it for 60 years! :rofl::rofl:

This is pretty much why I never was allowed contact with my mother’s side of the family. I was barely aware I even had a matrilineal side.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1315

To me, if you want to believe the earth is flat - go for it. . Catholic Church isn’t what it used to be? - join a pre-Vatican II church. Anti-vaxx? Just not fair to those around you, and you are really flirting with the dangerous. But the school shooting actor crap - that is where I get really angry.

There’s a coworker here who thinks all school shootings are a hoax. I had to remove myself from the scene when he started going off about Sandy Hook and Parkland. A surprise to no one, he’s just a gun nut who thinks it’s a giant conspiracy to come and take his guns away.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1317

Thank you - like-minded people.

(Running from stupidity) #1318

You could change your laws to reduce the impact of both.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1319

yeah, like I am really responsible for the crap that is my government.

(Running from stupidity) #1320

Well, that’s kinda the point of a democracy.

You underestimate the power of the NRA. We’re talking about a lobby that made fun of the Parkland survivors, they do not care in the slightest. And white people just really love their guns here, for some reason, more than their own children.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1322

Where are you located?

(Running from stupidity) #1323

No, I’m not at all. I didn’t say it would be easy, just that it could be done.

Correct, which is why I said it COULD be done, not that it would be done.

Currently Oregon, but originally Virginia, the home of the NRA.

Bruh I keep telling people we gotta amend the 2nd Amendment, that it’s very roots are garbage, but people are crazy here.