What did you learn today?

Lol who’s got ambulance money in America?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1287

My fire Dept is free.

(Running from stupidity) #1288

so you can say it’s diet something something

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1289

40 years ago a private ambulance set my mother back $800. I had what turned out to be a stomach bug but the family doc was worried about dehydration. By the time the ambulance arrived I was feeling better. Better to the point I was flirting with the cute attendant all the way to the hospital. We ended up dating for two years. My mother always said that was one expensive date!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1290

Oh no.

(Running from stupidity) #1291

Horse-drawn ambulances take a while to get anywhere, I guess.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1292

I am at a loss for words!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:. But no, sadly, he was not in my gallery of husbands past. I just got over him. On our first day he wore his ambulance uniform.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1293

Ok I lied. He broke up with me because he couldn’t get me to quit smoking. Or I didn’t want to get married, or something. My mother was quite racist, but even she kept questioning how I had acquired a German boyfriend who grew up in Argentina. Then again I had a boyfriend from Sicily. And my mother was convinced. Sadly, my entire family drew the line at Hispanics. They would be rolling in their graves.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1294

I embrace all cultures.

(Running from stupidity) #1295

Good exercise. And they’re already eating less, so I guess they’re CICO poster children.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1296

But people are still racist. I thought my family were relics, but 40 years later, racism is still going full force.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1297

Not that I just learned this today, but I was reminded about it by my man, Bill here:

(Running from stupidity) #1298

Yeah, thanks old rich white guy

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1299

AWESOME old rich white guy, thanks. But maybe having money somehow disqualifies someone from having a good point I guess? Or do poor people have the best points?

(Running from stupidity) #1300

No, people who have large amounts of money have vastly different concerns and issues from the bulk of the population.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1301

Sounds like someones bitter lol

(Running from stupidity) #1302

Sounds like someone’s getting fit jumping to conclusions

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1303

Sounds like you can be a bit of a :rooster: :grin:

Not saying money will make me definitively happy, but if some millionaire wants to dump $500,000 into my checking account right now, I’m sure as hell willing to test the theory.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1305

According to AARP, that’s about how much this 60 year old needs to make it through the rest of my life! :rofl::rofl: