What did you learn today?

(KCKO, KCFO) #1266

So you know someone you have to gift, but dislike? Because who needs a sugary blue glass of gin???

(Running from stupidity) #1267

“When chocolate just isn’t enough, a bottle of blue gin!”

(Laurie) #1268

Just today I was giving my boyfriend yet another reason Why Soup Is Not Food. He says I could write a short book about it. But I could scrap all my current material, use only the above quote, and write a shorter book titled Why Soup Is Not Allowed in My Kitchen.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1269

You could collab with my husband, maybe he can write the foreward. Bone broth, especially gets me sneers and unhappy campers. He says next time I have to cook it outside.

(Running from stupidity) #1270

Tell him it could still end up painting the fridge no matter where it’s cooked.

Just learned this bit of history. I better see more of these dresses rocking the red carpet hard during the next Oscars.

(Ellen) #1272

Dagnamit, didn’t think of it that way, into the bin it shall go, although I might put some in a glass of water first to see what it does.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1273

I learned that young love can endure. @DoggieMom @Digital_Dave you guys warm my heart.

:+1: … Why thank you good sir. :slight_smile:

Learned of all the cool happenings within this thread! :+1: … Never checked it before today. :slight_smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1275

Candy
Is dandy,
But liquor
Is quicker.
—Ogden Nash

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1276

Wine is fine
But whiskys quicker
-Ozzy

(Virginia ) #1277

Awe, thanks Eric. :slight_smile:

(Jane) #1278

Why would you add Sucralose to a product with 65 carbs and the first ingredient is sugar???

:unamused:

(Ellen) #1279

Who the hell knows!

(Doug) #1280

:smile:

McDonald’s story - a co-worker of mine orders:

1 Mushroom & Swiss Burger
2 Double Quarter-Pounders with Cheese
2 Large French Fries

And… a Diet Coke.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1281

That the inexpensive printer I bought for my office, can do lovely color photo scans. Pretty happy about that. Oh and too many scanning programs on a pc can confuse it, so I learned to just use the software that can handle the photos and B&W scans and remove the rest, they are not needed. Guess Ms. Kondo would be very proud of me today. :joy:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1282

Today I learned that putting parsley in my salad makes it a lot less tasty. Best left as a garnish or in some green juice. :expressionless:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1283

That’s like the old joke about the fellow who orders a hot fudge sundae and asks for them to leave off the maraschino cherry, because he’s on a diet!

I remember that classic “Only in America” joke. Now of course I would defend their decision because even tho they are carbing up with buns and fries, fructose is so uniquely terrible that, yeah, order that Diet Coke.

(Doug) #1285

Only in America - does a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.