What did you learn today?

(John) #1206

Double Big Mac adds more good stuff (the meat), not the evil stuff (the bun). Seems like it is closer to a healthy meal than the regular.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1207

I learned that if I go with the March no-dairy challenge, no treats for me. I’m ten months in and have had very few treats. But they all involved DAIRY! A glass of milk here and there. An English muffin - must be swimming in cheese and butter. Rosa’s cheese tamales. Duh! I can’t recall if I had hash browns, but if I did, they had to be swimming in butter. I will be more pure than the driven snow for the next 40 days.

(Running from stupidity) #1208

#VOTE1ROSA

(Jane) #1209

They should offer bacon roses next year and see if their sales improve!

I will never master the art of typing on the laptop and brushing my teeth at the same time. Would have saved me at least 10 minutes a day :frowning_face:

(Laurie) #1211

I brush while reading on the computer. But you’re right, typing and brushing at the same time is hard.

(Running from stupidity) #1212

Doesn’t everyone read while brushing teeth? Surely.

I’m sure it would have some benefit - neuroplasticity or somesuch - but I cannot make it happen :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I tend to overbrush so cannot read anything engrossing - this is where The Sydney Morning Herald comes into it’s own.

(Troy) #1214

Even during site maintenance or server IT stuff
Caused me some Depression and stress😳
No binge carbage food needed to comfort!

:heart_eyes:Love this WOE
I learned , it MUST be working haha

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1215

Excellent thread idea! :metal:

Today, I learned that after only 18 days Keto, I can go to Burger King to buy french fries to feed the handicapped goose outside my office and not feel like I need to eat a single fry. This goose is picky! Ive brought him peas, carrots, farro, brown rice, wont eat it. So it was pay day today and I always treat myself to a nice lunch and figured Id hook up my limping little buddy and got him a small fries. Mr. Goose is not keto lol.

He tore them up. I just wanted to make sure hes getting some food in, even if its fries lol. I swear I researched what to feed geese and he hated all of it.

So i learned 2 things really: goose are down with french fries, and I can buy said french fries and easily have none of them and not think twice. New territory for me because fries are my weakness.

I was happy. Goosey was too :muscle:

(Karim Wassef) #1216

can’t help but think of what its liver looks like… LOL

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1217

@Karim_Wassef lmao!! You cannot have the fois gras of my buddy!! I love him and would miss him dearly. You’re too funny!

(Ellen) #1218

Not something learnt per se, but today I have ditched my plans and am simply sat in the garden enjoying the unseasonably warm weather (17c), it’s definitely cheering me up.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1219

That part isn’t funny. Geese are not made to eat those fries. Of the things humans eat, corn is the best thing to feed them. I live where about a thousand Canadian geese over winter each year. Not sure why he refused the healthy foods, oh wait, penny dropped, he has been conditioned to eat crap, just like most of us were for most of our lives. Never mind, joke is on me.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1220

USA grows more lawn grass than corn, our largest food product. Who knew, and the map shows it is the cities and wetter states that have more of it too.

This reminds me of the story of that couple somewhere in the Southwest who replaced their green grass lawn with more appropriate desert plants, because they weren’t idiots, and got hit by their HOA. Trying to keep a green lawn in Arizona is just plain hubris.

(Doug) #1222

Flying into the Phoenix, Arizona airport… There are like 200 golf courses in the area. :smile: :roll_eyes:

(Karim Wassef) #1223

I learned that sunlight UVA actually has a big effect on nitric oxide vs. vitamin D

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1224

I didnt do it for a joke. I did it to help him out because he cant move around well with his leg and its hard for him to cover much ground to graze. I specifically researched what geese eat, specifcally went to the grocery store and bout hin organic everything and he turned his beak up at it. Hes literally the only goose there, most likely because larger flocks push out the weak or sick.

And honestly most corn is gmo anyway. So pick your poison. But I guess its better to let him starve in the winter or feed him GMO corn. Theres way better things to feed him other than corn (peas and brown rice being 2 of them). Why dont I just force feed him some soy whie Im at it. I heard they love xenoestrogens.

Im a huge animal advocate, especially birds since I own a very healthy well taken care of African Grey, so I wouldnt just feed them bullshot for fun.

I liken it to the elderly who are on their way out. All they sometimes want to eat, or can eat, in my experience, is crap. Its better to eat crap than starve to death.

Grandpa: “I dont have much of an appetite, but i can stomach pudding”.

Me: “No. Heres a kale salad with nutritional yeast.”

Grandpa: “But I cant stomach that”

Me: “HERES A KALE SALAD WITH NUTRITIONAL YEAST!!!”

(Running from stupidity) #1225

GMO does not automatically mean poison.