What did you learn today?

(Running from stupidity) #645

I’d call it serial monogamy, given it’s always different bacon, but never switching back and forth between bacons simultaneously.

I had pork bacon and beef bacon in the same meal the other day.

Today I learned no matter how much progress is made sharing the benefits of keto, low carb, etc, salt is still the main enemy of progress.

Lots of January ketoers I’ve come across are confused when I’ve brought up salt and think I’m joking at first when I emphasize its importance.

One person (not keto) saw me have a bit of salt today and said he could never do that. “Why?” I asked, expecting the usual about heart healthy or taste.

“Because it will spike my blood sugar and then I’ll have a crash later in the day,” said completely seriously.

(Running from stupidity) #648

Oh, you were using sugar! I get it.

Today I explained to someone that eventually Millennial memes will be dissected in college art and language courses, and we’ll all be praised for reviving Neo Dadaism.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #650

Yes. :smiley:

I don’t eat serial on keto, but even if I did, I wouldn’t be with the same one all the time . . . :grin:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #651

I learned (sorry peeps) that eating veggies and meats does not damp hunger. I have been keto for nine months and am always hungry. Still need three meals a day!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #652

I’ve been waiting for the keto magic? Where is it? Formerly mostly ate meat, and a few carbs.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #653

My satiety signals are absent unless I restrict my eating to two meals or one. More feasts. End meals with something fatty like pork rinds or macadamia nuts.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #654

pork rinds are a staple. Macadamia - not so much.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #655

That’s enough of your royalist politics.

(Running from stupidity) #656

Sorry, China-girl. :wink:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #657

The family story was that we were decended from loyalists who escaped to Canada, with later generations returning to the States further west. But then it came out that our ancestors moved to Canada long before the war to score cheap land. Many of us were saddened by this news.

(Running from stupidity) #658

Rightly so!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #659

I think mainly we just like being contrarian.

(Running from stupidity) #660

What’s that like?

(Karen) #661

Ha ha ha! Our family history is the same. They were loyalists. It’s also true that many of them have moved up before then to form the town of Moncton

On my mother’s side that would be Michael Lutz. So part of the family that had gone to the United States did go back. My aunt is our family genealogist and historian. She would very much like to find someone who came over on the Mayflower. But it doesn’t seem likely. I don’t know what it is about the East Coast fixation. The fun part is she’s actually found out that my grandmother’s father,who left his children and wife, remarried somewhere down in the south without benefit of getting a divorce first.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #662

We have no such scandals in my family. My great grandparents were definitely divorced, and all 5 of my grandparents have a combined 6 divorces, with the only one unscathed being my step-grandma on my dad’s side. She was his fifth wife and the woman I knew as grandma. She was the widow of my grandpa’s good friend when she married my grandpa, So I guess she knew what she was getting herself into.

Today, my DH learned why it’s important for him to listen to his wife and take magnesium supplements because he woke up with lots of body aches…which then subsided awhile after taking the magnesium. :smile:

Men can be so stubborn, can’t they? :slight_smile: