What did you learn today?

(Ellen) #565

Thanks @OldDoug but that seems like a lot of effort! You’ll just have to cope with my mangled chemical formula.

(Doug) #566

:smile: For sure…

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #567

Vacate. Probably too late. Flush the sink with lots of water.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #568

The title of chapter 147 in the book “Why you should quit FB”.

(Ellen) #569

Thanks, it’s been a couple of hours, closing house up & hoping for the best.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #570

Today I cut my finger tip about 5 mm deep and through part of the nail bed. I learned where capillaries stop and real vessels begin. Fortunately with my medical expertise I was able to apply steri-strips around the bleeding and they’re holding steady and saved a trip to the ER where they’ll super glue it closed for only $5000 and it will reopen tomorrow.

Damn. I know you probably don’t mean an actual $5000 bill (or do you?) but healthcare is a brutal business in your part of the world :open_mouth:

You’d be amazed. I went to the ER after a cyst on my back burst (I panicked and didn’t wait to just go to urgent care in the morning) and got hit with a $2600 bill, and that was with my insurance. Everything you’ve heard about the American healthcare system is true but worse.

That’s just nuts :exploding_head:

(Laurie) #574

I learned I missed the you’ll-want-kids-someday discussion!

I never wanted children. I got pregnant by mistake when I was 27 and decided to have and raise the baby. It was a really bad decision, even though the kid was great.

Any ketoer experiencing this kind of pressure should be able to ignore it. Just file it under “idle chitchat,” along with comments about how we need sugar and so on.

(Running from stupidity) #575

Heh, he’s ignoring you just to see what happens :slight_smile:

you can do this possibly

<sub>you can do this</sub>

Or this maybe

<sup>Or this</sup>maybe

[quote=“safi, post:571, topic:70378”]
but healthcare is a brutal business in your part of the world :open_mouth:
[/quote]

Die in the streets if you’re poor. Bad luck, mate.

Nah die on Capitol Hill or your local governor’s office, at least make them clean up your body.

(PSackmann) #577

Today I learned how strong habits are. Bit of background, there was a sinkhole in front of our office building. The contractor neglected to contact a utility locating company and struck the main electrical line going into the building. We were on emergency power from generators. And yet, even though people were told to use the stairs instead of the elevators, they were using the elevators to leave. Amazing

(Empress of the Unexpected) #578

I learned I didn’t screw something up that I thought I’d screwed up. That should go under the “One Good Thing” thread.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #579

Not ignoring. Just on vacation in shows at Disney. And meals with all 3 of my ladies.

(Running from stupidity) #580

I prefer my theory to your reality, TBH.

:slight_smile:

(Ellen) #581

I’m alive so all good :grin:

I was hoping you’d check in :joy:

(Karen) #583

Ya, I’ve noticed men really like being taller. DH is 6’2” but I liked him for other reasons. Attracted to much shorter men. Everyone in my family is tall though especially the nieces and nephews. 7 of 12 over 6 ft. On the thin thing… I whizzed though normal. Went from thin to fat in a shocking way.

(Karen) #584

Ouch!! Quick thinking on the strips. Heal quickly. :pray: