What did you learn today?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #485

I’m relearning that NSV trump the scale.

• Basal Morning BP is improved significantly.
  • Autophagy hair color improvements
  • Last belt loop
  • coworker “wow you have lost a lot of weight”

I just finished listening to 2 keto dude podcast with Jimmy and Christine Moore…I learned that I should really start diving into gut bioma science…im histamine intolerant, anything fermented causes me issues and I sort of let it slide while I focused on keto. Now that I have keto down, I should move on towards healing my gut, just like they said :slight_smile: Back to my old notes :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #487

I’m starting to pay attention to my gut. I eat fermented foods at least once a week and I drink some liquor (the liquid) from fermented foods manufacturing. We have a little boutique fermented foods company here in Richmond VA USA and they sell their kimchi liquor. Their fermented food products is a bit pricey so I usually buy sauerkraut that is active from Wegmans for much less money.

I stopped eating the majority of fermented foods years ago and forgot much of which cultures are beneficial for histamine intolerance…I have to get those books out again :slight_smile:

(Carl D Black) #489

…that the 20g carb thing per day is critical for weight loss…

(Karen) #490

Pics of hair change? Thanks

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #491

Yesterday I marched into Planet Fitness intent on cancelling my membership and then my mouth said, “I want to use the tanning bed, please”. I learned that many parts of my brain still can’t be trusted.

(Karen) #492

Ha ha Ha ha ha. Winter confinement turns us into sun worshipers

Y’all should see what happens up here in the Great Pacific Northwest Rainforest when we get our first sunny day after winter. Lots of pale people lying out in the sun.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #494

I know, I avoid the sun all summer because since menopause I cannot tolerate hot flashes or anything like them but in the winter, usually around January I get cold to the bones for the first time and bitchy so it’s a nice little shot of the sun when the sky is forever gray.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #495

I saw a funny skit about that on Portlandia.

Was it this one?

Because it’s 100% true.

(KCKO, KCFO) #497

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Diane) #498

Yes! It’s so bitter and nasty!

(Running from stupidity) #499

You rang, m’lady?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #500

Good to know. I am saving up to buy a strawberry . . . :grin:

Hair today, gone tomorrow! :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #501

:joy:

Hasn’t that improved a bit since Amazon bought them, or is that only for select items?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #502

The thrift shop has hidden sewing gems if you’re willing to dig. $10

I LOVE great thrift store finds!

And those pictures are great, too!

(Running from stupidity) #504

Whoa! Killing it!