What did you learn today?

(Karen) #465

I learned… That it is possible to have two evacuations in two days. Out comes every firetruck in the nearby facility as well as paramedics and police cars. Must’ve been a slow day. Turns out the dryer or the washer was smoking in the kitchen at school. All the kids had to sit out on the field again. Fortunately it was 53° and there was time to get coats, because the principal is pretty Sure that there wasn’t going to be an explosion so she asked the teachers to have the kids get their coats and go out to the field. The fire men took advantage of the situation, fully suited up and took their axes and ladders and went up onto the roof as well. Better than training.

I learned … That my doctor Webbly MD diagnosis of urticaria for one of our students turned out to be correct.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #466

If you have pet rats, you can give it to them, too, when they are in respiratory distress. Theobromine and caffeine are both methylxanthines, and are both found in chocolate. Another methylxanthine, theophylline, is often used as a bronchodilator.

I have been steadily working through my Baker’s chocolate, and my cough is still persisting. Wonder if I should increase the dose . . . :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #467

Probably should stop, it’s just prolonging it.

(KCKO, KCFO) #468

I learned about this interesting database, check out the info about glucose there.

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search2/r?dbs+hsdb:@term+@rn+50-99-7

(Sophie) #469

I learned that sometimes it pays off to try new things! :smile: :+1:

I learned that I’m a masochist because I still frequent the Keto forums on Facebook despite how much they drive me nuts, proving I must experience severe delight in self-punishment.

(Running from stupidity) #471

I learned that we’ve got no end of new people joining the forum who seem very intent on fighting.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #472

Noticed that today!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #473

I learned I should have made a change long ago. New brokerage - answers within minutes. Hours of daily training to choose from. Broker review. 15,000 agents in the U.S. and Canada working together, not in competition. Wow, who knew?

(KCKO, KCFO) #474

I learned that Whole Foods has improved their website a lot. You can now select what type of diet you want and they will bring up their products that work with that WOE. Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, etc.
Nice. A lot of the keto stuff is just herbs and seasonings, but there is some other good stuff that comes up like the ghee and frozen cauliflower and broccoli. Good to know their salmon has the bones and skin included too.

(Troy) #475

Maybe I mentioned

BEFORE
Just remembering on how much food I would eat after a workout from the gym
So hungry right after
I would have a Snack or protein shake , then fast food drive thru , then dinner

NOW
I don’t eat
I’m not even hungry at all

(Karen) #476

Terrific! I love things that will sort for you

(Sophie) #477

The old timers didn’t call it “workin up an appetite” for nothing!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #478

I learned I am married to my soul mate. He just brought me pork rinds AND bacon!

(Troy) #479

So true lol!!

Now by chant “ no food I’m fasting it’s workout time “
:rofl:

Dang I hope this wasn’t me, I thought I’ve been pretty restrained.

Not you :sunglasses:

(John) #482

I learned today that the end of “Dry January” coincides with the start of my next on-call period at work, which is pretty much a “dry week” anyway.

Man, I was looking forward to taking off the 1st and celebrating Groundhog Eve and Groundhog Day as the end of that month-long drought. * Rethinking my life choices *

(Running from stupidity) #483

Defo not you :slight_smile:

True…some groups make me feel like a teenager again-you know you don’t fit in, but you stay because you might miss smth important and be the outsider again :joy: