What did you learn today?

(Karim Wassef) #1507

(Jane) #1508

I thought the same thing.

(Jane) #1509

I posted a fish recipe for @Sharon_E that has butter and mayo and one of the reviewers said they substituted light mayo and light butter to “lower the fat”. All she did is take a perfectly good healthy recipe and make it unhealthy.

Makes me want to pull my hair out.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1510

Grrr - agree.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1511

I’m relearning that some days are tough. Real tough. One foot in front of the other is the best way to deal with the bumps in the road.

BTW - Not talking keto, just life challenges. I no longer let a bad day divert me from low carb. I might snack too much but it is all keto.

split this topic #1512

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Study showing what fructose does after you eat it

('Jackie P') #1515

:persevere:xx

('Jackie P') #1516

Totally irrelevant but I just learnt that my friend has got Wimbledon tickets for men’s semi finals day😁I’m so excited I can hardly contain meself !

EEEEEEEEE!! Take me, take me… Oh wait I live on the wrong side of the pond.

('Jackie P') #1522

Haha! My friend is taking me! We go into the ballot every year and rarely don’t get tickets! Occasionally we get 2 visits😁

I think these kinds of things always deserve a response along the lines of “Hmm. I’ve never tried it that way, so I don’t know if it would work. I always try to keep my recipes as healthy as possible with real, whole foods and plenty of healthy fats, which of course are so good for us. Substituting would probably up the carb counts, too. Yikes!” :grin:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1530

Hope all is well!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1531

Better yes. Thanks for checking.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1536

I learned more about the immigration system. Judge closed Kevin’s removal proceedings case and said we don’t have to go to Immigration Court. We can just go through USCIS. That is a good thing. Nine months from now, Kevin will have a green card! He has to go to Honduras for two weeks for his consulate appointment- and dad is frantic - with reason. But I feel it will all work out.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1537

I’m being goofy here - but it is in line with what I learned today. Lawyer is really good, and the “hardship” letter does not involve any fraud. But they need letters from friends and family about my “bond” with Kevin. How I depend on him. (Hell’s bells, I pay his phone bill.) We were eating a celebratory dinner, and I was suddenly admiring his perfect brows, His English is getting really good, and he thanked me and told me where to get such brows. Tell me that is not mother and son bonding! :heart: Kevin is so American. He fits right in.

I started a topic in Science about it after all. It explains why removing fructose decreases insulin.

Should I split and merge this conversation over to the new topic?

(Kirk) #1541

I learned I’m not as old as the clock says.

We were light on crew for an apartment fire across the street from the fire hall, so this 63 year old geezer was inside, full gear and SCBA. God, I miss doing that shit

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1542

Thank you for your service.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1543

Interesting to read your updates on Kevin and not at all goofy! I love a good set of eyebrows, in fact I always analyze them :joy: I don’t think I ever realized what a long and tedious process it is to become a US citizen