What did you Keto today?

(Dana ) #124

I can’t seem to figure out how to post a photo from my phone but you can see what I eat on my Instragram @food_allergy_eats

It was breakfast lasagne, cookie dough fat bombs and Asian meatballs over bok choy.

(Michael Iafrato ) #125

I had a bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed jalapeño pepper for dinner tonight as well. My Fry’s (Kroger) sells them by the pepper in the meat counter. Yummy.

(Mark) #126

I use the taco meat to make a pretty good taco salad that I have from time to time,the high fat meat of course

(Mark) #127

Hit reply then upload then take picture then hit the check mark and it may take a second to upload some of mine had a problem attaching the text to the photo but that is probably operator error

(paul) #128

Day 5, fried bacon, fried eggs, then tipped bacon fat into pan an cooked mushrooms and melted some cheese on them. Lunch was prawns and green leaf salad, afternoon tea is Red Leicester cheese cut into small bite sizes pieces wrapped with hot pepperoni salami :slight_smile: feeling very tired today though.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #129

Recipe please :floyd:

(Abraham Reyes) #130

bit of porterhouse and some green veges :wink:

(Mike W.) #131

chicken, bacon, cheese, broccoli bake with ranch.

(Becky Searls) #132

uhhhh…hidden menu? tell me more

(Becky Searls) #133

recipe??

(Becky Searls) #134

second the request for cookie dough fat bombs!

(Mike W.) #135

I can’t even tell you the last time I ate food from a gas station. Yum!

(Jeff Davis) #136

That looks delicious!

(Tim Oboyle) #137

first attempt at Hard Boiled eggs in the pressure cooker… 7 minutes and perfection. Nice light centers and easy to peel. and some Bacon of course.

(I like to post memes!) #138

Dude, that’s life-changing, isn’t it! No egg babysitting!

(Jeff Davis) #139

Lunch. Two ground sirloin patties topped with eggs over easy, shredded colby cheese, and some pico de gallo.

(Tim Oboyle) #140

Read your Peas ingredients, Make sure you know how many net carbs are in this.
I took a small serving with extra ham… this is Carby… know what you are eating

2# sorted and rinsed dried split peas, put 1#(1 bag) in a pot with 4 cups water, bring to a boil, turn off and let it soak for 1 hour.

Holy Trinity: 1 onion,3 celery,3 carrots… diced around 1/2 inch… Saute in 3 or 4 Tbs Olive oil.

After onions are translucent add about 3 or 4 clove garlic (use a garlic press) After about 2 minutes add 4 cups of chicken stock ( I use soup base and just mix it to taste. It’s a paste you add about 1 tsp per cup of water).

Add the other bag of peas and the soaked peas and water. Add a bay leaf or 2, throw in a ham hock or 2, or about 4 cups diced ham or both and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Add 1tsp salt (to taste), about 1/2 tsp pepper and a pinch of red chile flakes. Stir every few minutes.

When the peas are at the consistency you want (some will be paste and others will be whole) take out the bay leaf, pull the bones and trim off the meat to put back in the pot and…

serve. Makes about 16 servings… give half away and freeze what’s left.

I don’t think I missed anything, I kind of make this from scratch so no written record til now.

(Jacquie) #141

Some homemade egg drop soup with chicken and a bit of dill and an espresso. Second meal - bacon wrapped beef tenderloin, sauteed green beans in butter, garlic, and lemon juice and a few raspberries with unsweetened whipped cream.

(Larry Lustig) #142

I make two pounds of split peas as 320 grams of carbohydrates net of fiber. If you divide that into 16 servings, it’s 20 grams net just from the peas. Then the onion and carrots will add another couple of grams per serving.

(Tim Oboyle) #143

My numbers came from the package of peas… 20 gms carb 9 grams fiber per serving the 16 servings was a guess, might be 24 servings, I had a small serving, might be 30