What did you Keto today?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #7737

Breakfast:

Dinner. My first go at sous vide :smile:

(Sophie) #7738

I love that your tomato cages are at the ready! Oh, and those eggs look really yummy too! :smile:

(Sophie) #7739

Bravo on the Sous Vide!!! What did you think of it?

(Shayne) #7740

Smoked beef ribs. They were sooooo good. We couldn’t eat them all, but I needed the bones for broth. So I cut/pulled the meat off and packed it into a bowl with the bones going into the crockpot.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #7741

I like it. Have some burgers in it right now for tomorrow… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Porkrind crusted Rosemary & garlic lamb chump chops (bone in, yummy marrow!) with green beans, asparagus, artichoke and cherry tomatoes cooked in gee…lots of gee…

(Lonnie Hedley) #7743

1303.2 was fat calories. I think the more I’ve restricted my eating to calorie dense food, the smaller my stomach has gotten. If you’re used to eating large amounts, 1600 calories might be easy. Since my stomach is used to fitting around 1900 calories in a 6 hour window, 1600 calories in one sitting is harder than it sounds. I expected to wolf it down without issue, but it ended up being a bit of a chore. Caused me to be nauseous for the rest of the night. I know for the future that if I skip lunch, don’t try making it up at dinner.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7744

I limit myself to so few food choices during the week that my Sunday ribeye is a welcome treat.

(Sophie) #7745

This is a VatersTag dinner for my husband, who is a wonderful dog daddy.
NY strip topped with mushrooms sauteed with roasted garlic and a BAS ( Big Ass Salad).
It was yummy too (although I could only manage half of the steak) and he was a happy camper, so mission accomplished! :smile:

(E.O.) #7746

This is similar to my “starting” routine until I seemed to feel fat adapted based on what not eating did (symptoms wise). I used cold from the fridge Laura Scudders (2 TBSP) + Coconut oil or MCT oil (what ever I had on hand) to consistency, 1-2 TBSP organic 100% coco powder and 1 sweet leaf package. Low carbs, high fat, dark chocolate. I’m not eating it daily now, but until I felt fat adapted, I did. I went from eating all the time due to hunger to OMAD.

(TJ Borden) #7747

Deep fried pork belly and spam fries

(Sophie) #7748

Beautiful except for the SPAM “fries”! Uuuuggghhh :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7749

I’d definitely try those spam fries.

I need a little adventure in my life.:crazy_face:

(Troy) #7750

Nice
Spam and cauliflower Rice coming soon for me!:heart_eyes:
Pics later

(Sommer Strickland) #7751

Uploading… Strawberry cheesecake ice cream! So rich and creamy!

(Retta Stephenson) #7752

@Baytowvin
Wow, that looks so juicy and moist! I bake mine, and while it tastes great, the top seems too hard and dry, not like yours. Please tell how you do yours?? Thanks. :pig2:

(TJ Borden) #7753

I sous vide small slabs of pork belly (usually about 1.5 lbs each - usually what’s left when I break down large slabs to make bacon) at 60 degrees Celsius for 18-24 hours, pat dry with paper towels, cut the slabs into 3/8”-1/2” slices, then fry them for 3-4 minutes. Basically just for the preferred color/outer crispness since after a day in the water bath, they’re fully cooked and tender. I use a frydaddy which keeps the temp between 350-375. I use tallow, although enough fat renders out of the belly, it’s mostly just lard by now.

After I take them out, but while they’re still hot and oily, I give them a generous hit of salt.

(grace elizabeth) #7754

Wow! so pretty

(Ernest) #7755

Road keto season 2, episode 1.
Sous vide tri tip and eggs.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #7756

Your a Sous Vide BEAST!!! :cut_of_meat: