What did you Keto today?

(Lonnie Hedley) #7617

I got several comments.

I was also told “the leftover food looks like a vegetarians delight”. Meaning Mac and cheese. Told her I only eat meat products, and only about 5 items total. Beef, bacon, eggs, cream cheese, and butter. And that I’m about to eliminate cream cheese. :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

(Ashley) #7618

Sweet, thank you, going to try this at some point!! I usually just melt some cheese so I’m lazy. But it looks a lot nicer on your plate lol!

(Ashley) #7619

Lol she probably thought your a weirdo! I told people I’ve lost 30+ pounds with meat and cheese, butter, bacon, eggs things like that and they all make stare at me like I’m lying lol. It’s quite amusing to me. One lady told me I’ll have a heart attack, and I retorted “no, but I may help prevent one.”

(Lonnie Hedley) #7620

The guy in the cube next to me who has a stint and is on statins always says “my arteries would clog if I ate like that”. What do you think clogged your existing arteries?

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7621

Do you make your own sausage or is there a brand you buy?

(Steve) #7622

Would love to, but think that would be a bit industrious in my tiny apartment kitchen. :smile:

I normally buy the “President’s Choice Free From Hot Italian Sausage” - zero net carbs
(if you’re in the US, there may be a “Great Value” equivalent zero carb sausage made by PC.

It’s a bit pricey, but there’s a trick to getting it half price if you’re here in Canada. Make a note of when the expiration dates are, then zip into your local Zehrs, Loblaws, Supercentre, ValueMart, etc very early in the morning on that day and they should all be marked down with the 50% off - “enjoy tonight” sticker.
I usually buy all that they have and throw them in my freezer. As sausage is so fatty, it’ll freeze for a good six months before you get any appreciable amount of freezer burn. :smiley:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7623

I do t have any of those stores near me.:frowning:

(Steve) #7624

Are you in Canada or the US? (it’s Walmart in the US that PC makes many of the “Great Value” products for).
It’s apparent that they may not actually make them for Walmart in Canada - at least they don’t make the bacon. :slight_smile:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7625

US. I despise Walmart though.

(Ron) #7626

Ahhh, the thrill of competition! :star_struck:

(Lonnie Hedley) #7627

Me too, but I have no reason other than “because”.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7628

I e got a lot of reasons, and I despised them long before I started working for Costco.

I actually worked for Walmart for a very short period of time while completing my teaching internship. Only job I ever walked off from and have no notice. And I didn’t feel the least bit guilty.

If you know anything about me, it’s that I am one of the most dependable employees you can find, so it took me a lot to do this.

(Steve) #7629

Not a fan of them here as well. Grates my nerves that they replaced all of their payment terminals, but they STILL don’t support contactless payment!!! (and the feud they had with VISA was annoying as all hell).

Anywho - unfortunately, they may be a necessary evil. Best advise I can give would be to check to see if any of your local grocers publish the nutritional information for their store brand sausage online. If any of them are made by PC, or approaching zero carbs, then you have options.

I’ve bought Johnsonville sausages before as well. They’re normally 1g of carbs per link. Most people can fit that into their daily plan. :slight_smile: Big fan of Johnsonville’s garlic farmer’s sausage. :slight_smile:

Edit: There are a lot of sausage brands out there that are an absolutely INSANE amount of carbs though - I’d never buy one without a label…and without looking at it first. Some of them are almost 40% carbs!!! (just how much sugar are they packing into these!!!) :open_mouth:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7630

I got these from Meijer. They were pretty good and I think mostly Keto friendly. But I like the idea of hot sausages.

(Steve) #7631

I just took a look at Walmart.com - their “Great Value Hot Italian sausage” is 3g of carbs per 82g - so, not the same as the PC sausage at all. The mild and sweet sausages are 2g.

So, you won’t find a good option there…though they sell Johnsonville - but you can find their sausages at most retailers.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7632

Thanks for checking.

I appreciate it.

(Ashley) #7633

That’s what I don’t get, you have people who don’t eat high fat but see high fat as “artery clogging” but then have things like that happen. Is baffling to me. Them are the people you know who think “all fat is created equal”

(Ashley) #7634

Meijer? Another Michigander? I guess could possibly be a few surrounding states as well.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7635

I’ve had these and they were pretty good. Meijer has a couple good fatty sausage options. I used to nuke a link to eat while my bacon cooked for my dinner “casserole” - see post from yesterday. Now I’ve replaced the link with cream cheese. I’m deleting dairy soon so I might go back to having a sausage link as my “while cooking snack”.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7636

My buddy lives in Wisconsin. Meijer “close” to him.