What did you Keto today?

(Ernest) #7096

Steak n yolks.

(Sommer Strickland) #7097

0.5 carb tortilla with spinach, cheddar, jalapenos, and fajita shredded chicken with roasted red pepper.

(Rob) #7098

I’m too lazy to make 0.5carb tortillas - I assume you made them? - I use 3-4carb commercial “low carb” tortillas… but the result is similar - and so damn fast!!

They are made before I could even decide what to order from Papa John’s (my ex-surrogate father) :flushed:

(Rob) #7099

Inquiring minds want to know… why yolks?

Did you use the whites on keto meringues to make (K)Eton Mess in honor of the royal wedding?

(Jody) #7100

Sorry if you already posted it (I didn’t see it) … but could you provide the recipe for that blue cheese sauce?

(Steve) #7101

Certainly! :slight_smile: (it was real simple, but turned out so good!!)

The Au Jus from cooking 2 quarter chickens sous vide for 2 hours (didn’t calculate nutrition for this - it’s only good fats, so meh) :wink:
100g of Castello Extra Creamy Danish Blue Cheese - 432 calories, 42g Fat, 0.5g Carbs, 14g Protein, 630mg Sodium
60g of Mozzarella (Cracker Barrel) - 200 Calories, 16g Fat, 0g Carbs, 14g Protein, 480mg Sodium
2T Butter - 204 calories, 23g Fat, 0 Carbs, 0.2g Protein, 4mg Sodium, 6mg Potassium
1/2 tsp xanthan gum - 5 calories, 58mg Sodium
Total (less au jus) - 841 calories, 81g Fat, 0.5g Carbs, 28.2g Protein, 1162mg Sodium, 6mg Potassium

Used half of that on the steak. :slight_smile:

And, yes, a wedge of Castello is 125g…I did polish it off while cooking…guilty. :slight_smile: It was too little to send it back into the fridge all by itself! :wink:

Edit: I’m sure you could substitute about 1/2-3/4 cup of chicken stock and a bit more butter to have a similar fat content / flavouring if you don’t do the chickens up first. (next time I’ll measure the au jus so I can have complete nutrition) :slight_smile: Well…either that or I’ll make it with chicken stock next time so I know how much it would take.

(Ernest) #7102

Real benefit of eggs are in the yolks. The fat, nutrients, real egg taste etc.
Didn’t need the extra protein from the whites.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7103

Mason jar eggs. This has become a work lunch staple. Super tasty.

Steak warmed up in ghee, avocado, olives, homemade Caesar dressing, salad mix. Definitely not a food photographer but it was good.

(Mandy) #7105

Forgive my double post from the smokers thread… It was too good to not share. Spare ribs bathed in smoke. Rib rub and sauce made with sukrin gold.

(E.O.) #7106

where do you find the .5 tortillas? haven’t been able to find any locally or a recipe that’s easy enough to do Yet)

(Sommer Strickland) #7107

Almost zero carb wraps
Found on Pinterest

(Steve) #7108

She actually has multiple recipes - which tortillas did you make?

(Sommer Strickland) #7109

The one that specifically said almost zero carb wraps. May be easier to find on Pinterest.

Sorry left out words “low carb”.
I would go with less eggy version and I added a bunch of seasonings too!

(Ernest) #7110

Sous vide chuck

(Steve) #7111

Ok, found it.

Heh…already had that recipe in my Paprika app - just haven’t made them yet! (should do that for my OMAD - then I could make my breakfast burritos again!!! :slight_smile: )

(TJ Borden) #7112

Good god man, that looks amazing

(E.O.) #7113

LOL at myself! New milestone for me. When it came to “dinner” tonight, I had a wickely good craving for BUTTER (reminded me of elementary history class–why did the Pilgrims tote butter on those small ships!!!) so I enjoyed some sliced angus beef & cheese atop a heavily buttered (YUM) lettuce wraps! I have never in my life before now ever craved butter (or any other fat).

(Sommer Strickland) #7114

They were pretty good. I added Mrs dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning.

(Steve) #7115

Nice!! :slight_smile: Have a couple hot sauces I haven’t tried on them yet. Heh. That may be my OMAD one day this weekend. Hmm. I think I’m out of ground sausage though…grocery trip!! :slight_smile: