What did you Keto today?

(Leon C) #4940

After a 15KM run, this hit the spot perfectly! 3 rashes of crispy bacon with sliced chilli and melted cheese inside the omelette - green beans, pan-fried tomatoe - all gloriously cooked and soaked in Kerrygold Butter. Yum! (It looks boring, I know :joy:)

(Sophie) #4941

I used Chef John’s basic recipe and technique but I’ll list my tweaks below

Instead of veal and butter, I used 1lb of fatty sausage, because that’s what I had.
Add onion powder and some Montreal Steak seasoning and dried parsley flakes because I didn’t have fresh.
Mix in a thawed bag of riced cauliflower and chill the meat in the fridge, like he does.
Simmer the head of cabbage, picking out 12 best leaves
 then separate out the rest and set aside.
Line a small roasting pan with foil, layer with some of the largest extra leaves and top with the sliced onions.
Separate the meat and roll the cabbage leaves like Chef John instructs, and line them up in the pan.
Tuck the smallest extra leaves around and in between.
Take the can of crushed tomatoes and add 1 cup of Beef Stock, pour over the whole deal.
Cover with foil tightly and bake at 350F for 2.5- 3hrs.

Cause I’m fasting, day #3.

Feels like being vegetarian for lunch. Baked tofu and sautéed baby kale

Thank you, sounds wonderful!

(Ellen) #4945

Prawns fried in garlic & ginger butter with extra butter on top and a small salad with lashings of dressing.

(Rob) #4946

@carl’s Baked Chicken Wings with Kalettes, chorizo and almond flakes. I have to say the chicken wings were awesome!

I went to Costco today, and purchased a nice smallish boneless rib roast. I just divided it into 4 steaks and am marinating it. It seemed quite tender when cutting it. Hope that’s true.

Unfortunately I was also wanting to buy some almond flour, but they were out of it. Ack! But I did get some heavy whipping cream. Slerp

Breaking my 3 day fast with Alaskan wild salmon, asparagus & king mushrooms. Yum!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4949

How can you NOT love this

(TJ Borden) #4950

Breakfast stack (literally, breaking round 2 of February’s Zornfast): beef patty covered in melted cheddar cheese, bacon, sausage patty, topped with egg, all on a bed of guacamole. As I plated it, I realized literally everything on the plate was from Costco.

Costco; a ketoers best friend, as long as you can ignore the croissants and cantaloupe size muffins
 and the actual cantaloupe.

(Ernest) #4951

Got beef?! No, I’m not home yet.

(Rob) #4952

Roasted chicken thighs, coarse cauliflower mash and the obligatory buffalo sauce.

(Cathy) #4953

I love that flavour!

That’s essentially what I had last night, minus the jalapenos. My family calls it a “meat meal.” I use Kerrygold butter and “Wicker’s” marinade in a cast-iron skillet.

(Bonaria Bustamante) #4955

Said I would lessen the pork/bacon for a bit until roommate made this in the am :sob::sob: it called my name and I couldn’t stop 
 this is technically not bacon but thin sliced pork belly, prob the best I’ve had. fist in the air

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #4956

My local Co-Op grocery store just put in a whole freezer section of lamb products!

I just had the lamb sausages for breakfast
sooo fatty and juicy (and <1g carbs each).

Yes!

(Leon C) #4958

Jumped on the scales today after my workout and saw a 7lb loss since last Friday, so, I’ve treat myself with TWO steak burgers instead of one tonight
 :joy:

(Sophie) #4959

I found these massive sirloin steaks on huge mark down at Sam’s this morning and since the weather was fuckin summer-like down here (80f+), I decided to grill out and dine Al Fresco on the porch this evening. My crowning glory was an off the cuff Bearnaise made with red wine vinegar and Merlot. Holy Mother of God, I’m so glad I figured out how to make this stuff! So easy, so bodacious and couldn’t even eat 1/4 of that steak! There’s always tomorrow
and the day after
 :smile:

:wink:@barefootbob