What did you Keto today?

(Ellen) #3010

bacon & baby sprouts fried in lard with a dollop of butter to finish. Might not look much but rather tasty.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3011

Jail Food

My lunch in the Jail today!!!

(Ernest) #3012

Beef liver in between eggs done 2 ways.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3013

Is Beef liver pretty fatty? I noticed that you have that a lot. I’ve never had it but have been looking at your plates…

(Ernest) #3014

It its not that fatty but it is packed with nutrients. Almost like a multivitamin.

(chris gibson) #3015

Baconator and boiled peanuts. #roadfood

(Ernest) #3016

I can’t control myself around boiled nuts (peanuts ok).
I can go through buckets.

(Stanislav Jirák) #3017

https://flic.kr/p/FPoi6e

Pretty sure this is the epitome of boring keto, but I’ve just discovered that eating cream cheese by the cube is a fantastic idea. And paired with my Cab? HEAVEN.

(Dawn Comber) #3019

Not even hungry but after looking at all that beautiful keto food, I am hankering for some! :wink:

(Jeremy Storie) #3020

This is my favorite snack lately!

It is SO good! I don’t know why, but I thought it would make me gag for some reason. I am planning to add some herbs and butter to it next time for a “dip.” The only thing I’ll be dipping is my spoon, though :blush:

(Ernest) #3022

Long day today. Having my one meal as breakfast then out to tackle the world.

(Kellyn ) #3023

how do you get your eggs so creamy?

(Stanislav Jirák) #3024

Yes, please tell us [how do you get your eggs so creamy, as KellynP asks].

(Stanislav Jirák) #3025

https://flic.kr/p/ZHh9vq

(Karen) #3026

(Ernest) #3027

@KellynP @Stanislav_Jirak Extra yolk(s), medium low heat, patience. Scrambled eggs do not like high heat i.e. do not rush them.
In this case, 3 large eggs plus 1 extra yolk.
Preheat a cast iron skillet on medium low heat.
Season with salt and beat the eggs in a bowl.
Add leaf lard (me) or butter to the pan. Let it heat up as well.
Pour eggs in the pan and leave them alone for a few seconds. Using a silicon spatula, make a lane in the eggs across the pan and fold over, leave them alone, repeat. Forming large egg chunks.
As soon as they are almost dry, plate them. They will finish cooking on the plate.
You will have to experiment to find your sweet creaminess spot. BUT never cook them all the way in the pan.

(Damon Chance) #3028

I ran across a link to Gordon Ramsay’s perfect egg youtube video (linked), and after I tried them i felt like my life was a lie…

I guess I had always been overcooking my eggs but when I do this method they were amazing.

Kind of similar but he doesn’t beat them first, and seasons them at the end. But its a slow process that involves stirring a lot.

(Ernest) #3029

Posted the one I did from cold pan. It’s somewhere on here
Very good but you need to be ready to scrub your pan after cooking.