What did you Keto today?

(MooBoom) #2870

Staying at a gorgeous bed and breakfast in QLD on Mt Tamborine (Cayambe B&B). Very accomodating and lovely hostess has cooked me a special keto breakfast every day for the past 3 days and I have successfully stayed in ketosis thanks to her consideration!

(Ellie Baum) #2871

Cauliflower “Mac” and cheese

My cauliflower hating roommate thought it looked good. Added turmeric to give it that yellow color. Used white cheddar and other random cheeses I had in the fridge. Also cooked it up with a small amount of carmelized onion.

Thanks they’re both from TJMaxx @YoAdrienne

(Ernest) #2873

Eggs 2 ways.

(Ernest) #2874

Arguably the most important food item on keto…
Let me rephrase that…there is no argument, the yolk is the king of keto.

(Brian) #2875

I haven’t been able to convince my wife of how good the runny yolk can be. To me, it’s like a rich gravy. :slight_smile:

Love me some eggs. I get 'em from a guy who raises them out on pasture. Bright orange yolks, like in your pictures. Kinda makes me think I’m gonna try one of those egg fasts one of these days.

(Ernest) #2876

I have done a 3 day egg fast just out of curiosity. It’s not as easy as it sounds LOL!

(Brian) #2877

Just outta curiosity, is doing a 3 day egg fast harder than doing a 3 day water fast?

(Ernest) #2878

Yes! Let me explain.
You get tired of eggs, you can’t get tired of water. I’d rather go full fast (water fast) than not eat enough (when you get sick of eggs mid meal).

(Stanislav JirĂĄk) #2879

(Ernest) #2880

You, SIR, are some kind of a food wizard!!

I’m in love! Ribs cooked in the oven. So easy and so yum!!

Covered a shallow pan with foil. Poured a bit of olive oil in with a tiny bit of the liquid smoke. Seasoned ribs on both sides, a little of all shown. Cover with foil. Cook at 225 degrees for 7 hours. Don’t even open the oven door. After 7 hours, take out and set the oven to broil. Remove foil (I brushed with no sugar/low carb bbq sauce) and broil until it has browned some. I broiled about 7 minutes total.

These are definitely no-fail ribs for those that need it (ME!)

(Ellie Baum) #2882

Cabbage leaf tacos

Filling:

I had some really good cinnamon so I put it on my roasted onions…it was a good move.

that is so neatly laid out :smiley:

(Ernest) #2884

We eat with our eyes first.

Not “eating” but drinking. We replaced our water softener and found this in the old one. :nauseated_face:

(Karen) #2886

Breakfast: BPC made with Organic Coffee, MCT Oil, Ghee, two drops of cinnamon oil and a few drops of stevia.
1 cup Almond Milk and 2 tbsp. almond butter as a smoothie

Snack: 8 pork rinds with a few slices avocado

Dinner: Ribeye with melted butter, broccoli and a mixed green salad with cilantro lime avocado dressing

Lots of water with lemon juice and salt!

After IF since 7 last night (hwc in coffee), here is my 1 pm lunch for the day. Smoked salmon on low carbish crackers.

what is that :open_mouth:

(Ernest) #2889

No fuss meal.
Leaf lard scrambled eggs, sausage and cheese thingamajig!

Here’s how I scrambled my cackle fruits.
Heat a cast iron skillet on medium low heat. Do this first before starting to prep the eggs. You want the skillet nice and warm.
A well heated cast iron skillet plus fat = no sticking.

1. Crack 4 whole eggs in a bowl.
  2. Crack one egg BUT use yolk only. Add it to the bowl.
  3. Beat the eggs with some salt. No, really beat that mess until you don’t see any white streaks.

Add leaf lard to the skillet. Come on you’re on keto, add more lard to the skillet.
Add the egg mess to the skillet, leave it alone for a few seconds. Now drag and fold the eggs every few seconds, forming large chunks of eggs. Keep doing that and fight the urge to turn the heat up. Scrambled eggs don’t like high heat. When the eggs almost dry, add a pat of butter and get the skillet off the heat. You’re done, plate.

Washed down with cold brew fresh ground coffee whipped up with MCT oil and heavy cream.

My cold brew coffee
Get some ice in a mason jar and let the hot coffee drip on the ice.