What did you Keto today?

where’s the recipe for these lovely bounty bars you speak of?

They are a work in progress. Here is the recipe I started with. I have adapted it already but it needs more work. I will put it in recipes next time when it will be perfect hopefully.

http://thenourishedcaveman.com/coconut-chcocolate-bars-low-carb-snacks/

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #267

I’m drooling over the strips of fat on these pork chops, we’re grilling in a few minutes. This is one of the many benefits of purchasing a whole pig. I asked for classic cuts with minimal trimming leaving as much fat as possible. We split the pig with @Tcuster1

(Jacquie) #268

@Daisy Your plate of ‘keto yumminess’ is gorgeous! I can’t look at the Bounty bars as I’m in the sweetener free challenge this month. :smile:

(Guardian of the bacon) #269

Why didn’t I think of that? I did at least think to tell them I wanted all of the trimmings and long bones.

The BOMB pork chops with crushed pork rinds pestled with “pizza seasoning” pressed into them, fried in olive oil, on a bed of sauerkraut. Olives on the side in case it needs more “kick!”

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #271

@jfricke you’ll luv the minimal trim, and you’ll still have some trimmings. I was disappointed with my trimmings at first, but now I understand as I unwrap each treasure with a thick fat rind… delish! :hugs::grinning:

(Kelly LeBlanc) #272

Brio Italian is one chain that does serve it and their version is really nice. Just get it without the bread. Doesn’t need it anyway.

(Scott Shillady) #273

I give you brie melted over bacon, topped with mushrooms sautéed in boursin butter. Thanks for the inspiration @Brenda

what is boursin butter?

(Scott Shillady) #275

Its a butter our cheesemaker makes using the classic Boursin cheese herbs. it is one of my favorite things. He also makes a boursin Cheddar, first batch of that should be ready to sample next week

Sounds YUMTASTIC.

(Becky Searls) #278

Tell me more about “cheese-shelled tacos” please :taco: :heart_eyes:

(Becky Searls) #279

Wednesday I broke. 68 hr fast. Dinner was brinner: bacon, kale sautéed in bacon fat and lemon juice (w/leftover caramelized onion and more bacon) and a crispy egg fried in bacon fat plus half an avocado- google “nomnompaleo crispy egg” to see how I prepared it.)

Thursday night my husband wanted to make chicken so I suggested he try this nomnompaleo “cracklin’ chicken” recipe in our new cast iron skillet. It. Was. Amazing. :yum: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/106977859158/whole30-day3-cracklin-chicken

Also I had this awesome cinnamon latte with “breve” (half n half) - which brings up an area of confusion for me. I’m still not fully there with HWC for my coffee - but I like to do half whole milk, half HWC - is this the same thing as half n half or is it a ill different? I feel silly asking for half whole milk half HWC if that’s the same thing as half n half! But for some reason it tastes different to me - perhaps half n half is more like half 2% half HWC? Anybody know? And this particular coffee shop told me what I wanted was a “breve” - is that the word I should be using? Or does that vary from place to place, similar to how starbucks uses the word “misto” but that isn’t standard?

Here’s the Half n Half ingredients:

Ingredients: Corn Syrup Solids, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono- And Diglycerides, Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavor, Artificial Color. Allergy Warning: Contains Milk And Soy.

Um… yuck! Making your own half whole milk, half hwc seems like it would be so much better.

EDIT: Opps, google fail. That is the ingredients to a non-dairy creamer.

Half N Half is Half Milk / 1/2 Light Cream. I would expect higher in carbs than just straight HWC.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #281

Or just all HWC. :smiley:

YEa, I think she said she didn’t like that.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #283

Missed that. My bad. :flushed:

(Mike W.) #284

Did I mention I have the best wife ever? Spinach, pulled pork, egg, pickles, and blue cheese dressing

What? That’s not Half and half. I don’t know where you got that list of ingredients.

Half and half is a lighter form of cream, with more milk, and less cream, than HWC. In Canada, all half and half is 10% fat. Here are two common grocery store brands. Found right next to the milk and HWC in the refrigeration section.