What did you Keto today?

(James storie) #2144

Yes, it is! I also like tapatio! But you can’t get that at aldi! Hahaha!

(Ernest) #2145

HAHAHAHA… My OOPS!

(Lauren) #2146

I always read through these while fasting, and mostly I’m fine. Then I see @Ernest post something amazing, and I have to walk away from the screen fanning myself. Lord, have mercy!

(matt ) #2147

Tapatio is good but much hotter than Valentina. I was talking to a lady from Mexico and she said that Valentina is so mild they use it on fruit. :slight_smile: Valentina is my go to as well.

(James storie) #2148

Yes, I’m a bit of a hot head! My dad was raised in Las Vegas and was around authentic Mexican food, so he raised me that way too!

Pimento cheese. I don’t make this often, because I could easily sit down and eat the whole batch. But this is part of my Day of Cheese before the 52-hour fast I’ll be starting tomorrow after breakfast.

Romaine wraps of pressure-cooked pulled pork, leeks sauteed in bacon grease, saurkraut and guac. OMAD day.

(Jeremy Storie) #2151

What’s wrong with eating the whole batch? :joy:

(Pablo Medeiros) #2152

Yes, i am from Brazil. Tambaqui is regional delicacy. And yes, it is a plantain over the grilled fish.

(Kathy L) #2153

I just read somewhere (if not here - but can’t find it here) that someone boiled radishes and then ate them buttered like little red buttered potatoes. I tried that last week - they were delicious, and the boiling till tender took the heat out of the radishes! Tonight I pan fried them with 2 T butter and onions - kind of like fried potatoes we used to like. They were great!!

(Ernest) #2154

I thought I was done with steak and eggs… Nope!

(Roxanne) #2155

Caveman keto’s St. Louis Ribs and a variation of @carl’s coleslaw.

(Karl L) #2156

Salmon, vegetables, butter.

Tex Mex Seasoned Chicken Breast with veggies, and salad with feta and pine nuts with homemade dressing

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2158

Sous vide egg bites. Finally got my Anova this week, and this was my second recipe (first was a grass-fed brisket, which turned out just OK, likely because I was in a rush, and cooked from frozen, so no marinadte, etc.).

Made bacon-cheese egg bites, using the recipe here:

Didn’t have gruyere, so I used shredded mexican cheese. Still tasted great.

And in honor of @Fiorella, the perfect bite:

I’ve been resisting a circulator for so long but not sure how much longer I can hold out, so many uses.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2160

Heh. I had it on my wish list for several months, but when it recently dropped down to under $100 again, I jumped. Glad I did.

Quick word of warning…if you are on Android, the Anova app may demand Location permissions to connect. Given that the device has temp controls on board, I’m opting to just run it manually, as I find the demand for location to be unnecessary, and a potential privacy issue.

(Roxanne) #2161

I just use mine manually as well, don’t really see the need for an App to run something so simple! I’ve also made the egg bites, which are delish :slight_smile:

(Ernest) #2162

Surf n Turf and eggs

(Ernest) #2163

Resistance is futile! It will be money well spent.