What did you Keto today?

Tonights dinner… Another Salad, then Blackened Salmon, Bussell Sprouts, Pickles, Olives and Greek Yogurt. The melted butter shown worked well for dipping the Sprouts, but was actually made for the two clusters of Snow Crab that followed, but didn’t make the picture. :slight_smile:

Then picked about about 8 clusters of Dungeness Crab to use for tomorrow nights dinner. Actually to make one of my all time favorites, that I haven’t had for some time. :slight_smile:

I ate sardines . SARDINES. I did not care for them but I mashed them with some avocado & some chipotle tabasco & choked those nutritious little fuckers down like it was my job. I chased them with a chicken leg & have yet to throw them back up. I now have the requisite energy to go & punch a fisherman.

(Central Florida Bob ) #9751

Because I haven’t posted anything here in a long time: spare ribs right out of the smoker.

There was a salad that didn’t get captured, but this was pure carnivore.

(TJ Borden) #9752

Those are beautiful

(Running from stupidity) #9753

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

I knew today we’d be heading to a wedding and reception in the late afternoon. I tend to see those sort of meals the same way I do airline food - obviously much better quality, but still the same idea of a constrained list of choices, overwhelming carbs, and trying to create anything keto is pretty tricky. I planned ahead and decided to bring the family out for an awesome brunch buffet late morning, then while at the reception later on I managed to sneak outside at one point and eat some macadamia nuts and cheese I managed to bring along just to up my fat intake a bit.

Here’s the brunch. I had several rounds of this (and a prepared omelette) and really loved the salmon. This place is great.

At the wedding reception we were first served a salad. I was able to eat most of this (declining the dressing) just by working around the walnuts and tomatoes. The cheese was tasty.

After a long wait the main course arrived. The steak (sadly very lean) was slathered in something sweet and sticky but luckily it slid right off so I’m assuming it was poured on right at the end. I might have had a minor amount of incidental carbs (in addition to the brussels sprouts) from miniscule amounts of the sauce being on the sprouts and steak but otherwise it was easy to clear off. And of course I avoided whatever that lump of starch was in the corner. I hope they found a good home for it.

Of course it was easy to decline the desserts that came out later, at this point I felt a bit hungry from having eaten but not getting much fat, hence the small “add-on” I’d prepared in advance - which did an awesome job. Finally, I rarely drink these days (I used to love beer and cider, both of which aren’t very keto-friendly without tasting ‘meh’) but did indulge in a few glasses of whiskey which was great. Overall a good day.

Keto experiences at restaurants
(Running from stupidity) #9755

Sous vide porterhouse steak (NY Strip for the heathens) and zoodles with mushroom in an Alfredo sauce, topped with shredded sharp Parmesan and cracked black pepper.

(Jessica M) #9756

Hawaiian style grilled teriyaki beef

(TJ Borden) #9757

@juice, you nailed the lighting. That’s a magazine style pic rivaling @Ernest and @MiKetoAF.

(Candace) #9758

What recipe did you use for the biscuit?

(Running from stupidity) #9759

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

Cheers mate.

It’s not even very good light, TBH, just LED downlights in the ceiling. What I’ve been thinking about all afternoon is how to setup one of my real lights with a softbox attached so I can quickly drag it out before meals to light it better (while not annoying my wife with a light and softbox sitting in the living area - she’s lived through that for FAR too long in this lifetime :slight_smile: It’s time I got back into doing some proper shooting.

(TJ Borden) #9760

Good luck with that. Mine gets annoyed at the quick crappy pictures I take, with no set up at all. :rofl:

(Running from stupidity) #9761

It’s OK, because she’s taking her own shots in order to IG them so all her friends can follow the keto journey she’s on :slight_smile:

(Yes, I have told her she can use my shots (I always shoot from more than one angle) but no :slight_smile:

(TJ Borden) #9762

:joy::joy::joy: and to demonstrate how hip to all that stuff I am: it was only recently I realized Instagram and pintrest were two different things. The words were somehow synonymous in my head and the other day my wife mentioned both in a single sentence and it finally registered they aren’t the same thing.

(Running from stupidity) #9763

LOL.

However, just to make you feel better, I once heard it pronounced “Pee-interest” on a tech podcast :slight_smile:

(TJ Borden) #9764

That does make me feel better. Thank you.

(Running from stupidity) #9765

OK, so I may have just had a slice of Chilli Brie in order to transport some Vegemite into myself as I suddenly had a massive craving for it. Shouldn’t be a salt thing, but who knows?

#Vegemiterulez #nobodywantsphotosofthat

(Central Florida Bob ) #9766

Thanks - and they were really good, too.

Pretty much, just the standard “3-2-1 method”.

Baby Back Ribs from Instant Pot

Now you’re just showing off. :wink:
Did you see my bacon I cooked in coconut oil? :grin: