What did you Keto today?

I’ve got this problem, that when I cook any bacon, I want to eat it immediately.

It makes storing it for later use kinda difficult. :laughing:

(Brandy) #8714

Me too- I threw a 6 oz piece of fatty ribeye in a skillet and topped it off with mushrooms reduced in dry red wine, heavy cream and butter, then topped THAT off with a butter fried sunny side. I felt like shit this morning. Now I’m fan-fucking-tastic! I’m down with the strong food.

That’s a great feeling, isn’t it?

Well, nothing yet! :slight_smile: But since I’m breaking a 5 day fast in about 2.5 hrs. I will be shortly! … I guess the preview for this would be a spinach based salad, then 30 minutes later a nice piece of Salmon w/ butter, Cauliflower w/ butter, and some Eggplant Parmesan. … And just in case, the wife also made some bacon and sausage links, which if I don’t visit tonight, will be addressed tomorrow for lunch! :smile:

(Brandy) #8717

It really is. I used to think it was the fat and protein parts of a big first meal that made me feel worse- sluggish. As it turns out, not so much.

Well, guess I can remove the cauliflower from the list above. :disappointed_relieved: I was able to get through the piece of Salmon with melted butter, and the Eggplant Parmesan (with some help from the pups) but just couldn’t get to the cauliflower. …So the pups got that as well. :slight_smile: Yep, they’re Keto puppies as well now.

New - fiding it hard to eat fat
(Laurie) #8719

My 4 meals:

1. Cheese. (Yes, a hunk of cheese for breakfast. Boring but easy, kills the hunger–I like it!)

2. Bacon & eggs, made with precooked precrumbled bacon from Costco.

3. Five packaged frozen meatballs (5 net carbs), microwaved with cheese.

I still felt hungry, probably because of too much dairy yesterday, so I had:

1. Protein powder shake, with corresponding amount of coconut oil (i.e., approx. 15 grams protein, 20 grams fat). I used vanilla flavored whey powder and made it chocolate mint flavor by adding cocoa, stevia, and fresh mint from the front yard. Really nice!

I am realizing that I have a dairy addiction and that dairy makes me hungry (cheese is okay). I found out that you can use a whipped cream dispenser to make whipped coconut cream; lots of recipes are available online. I will be buying that whipped cream dispenser after all!

Bacon wrapped tri tip.

(Karen) #8721

Oh the humanity! Yum!

K

LLML (Literally Licked My Lips) :laughing: :laughing:

Decided to make my lunch my main meal today. So made some goodies…

Had sausage patties, sausage links, turkey sausage and bacon. Oh, and 4 fried eggs. :slight_smile:

The wife went with links, patties and bacon, but then egg salad wrapped in lettuce.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8724

Mmm, butter pond.

(Caraway Carter) #8725

What is that Lonnie?

On Golden Pond…

(Lonnie Hedley) #8727

6 egg, 1 slice bacon frittata with 3 tbls butter. Cooked in 6.5 inch cast iron in toaster oven.

(Ernest) #8728

I’m Quing in Jurassic Park. Dinosaur ribs

Smoked Ham Shank
Diet Doctor Keto Rolls
Butter

(Laurie) #8731

Strange day. My “meals”:

1. Pepperoni.

2. Canned salmon.

3. Cabbage-cilantro salad.

4. Burger with lettuce, tomato, mayo, bacon–a work of art (might post photo in Burger thread). No bun. Small side of sweet potato fries (oops).

T-bone steak with zucchini, mushroom, onion, and garlic. Couldnt finish the steak, and left some of the onion, cause carbs.

(Andrea) #8733

Most used utensil in our keto kitchen. Always full with Double Cream (HWC). UK is blessed with high-fat cream with no additives. Great for a little fridge snack!!