What did you Keto today?

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4117

@Redefine love this picture --where can I find the 90-second bread recipe?

~Class of 2017 KCKO

(Jeremy Storie) #4118

Just put a pork shoulder in the crock pot for carnitas tomorrow. Scored and rubbed down with homemade taco seasoning :grin: it’s going to cook on low for 16 hours then I’ll shred it and let it simmer in it’s on fat for a few hours. Gonna make some fresh guacamole to go with it :hot_pepper:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4119

(Patrick) #4120

It started this morning.

10 hours later…

While I was slicing it…

Beef brisket with some buttered cauliflower and carrots, and the ever present romaine salad and charthouse blue cheese dressing.

(Candy Lind) #4121

The curse of the dog-loving Ketonian! :wink:

(Candy Lind) #4122

This is more of a “what didn’t I eat today … but might later, if I get hungry” - I cooked pork necks in my Instant Pot, then kohlrabi & collards in the pot juice, crisped up some of the meat in bacon juice, then … still not hungry (which I posted as a NSV on Another post - so I guess I’ll go put it back on the burner later when I get hungry. Or in the fridge for tomorrow. It is still SO WIERD not being hungry …

(Heather Miller) #4123

That looks delicious and I understand you feeling happy about not shovelling it in because you aren’t hungry! Well done! KCKO

(Candy Lind) #4124

I finally got hungry. :smiling_imp:

(Momo) #4125

I posted this a while back :sunglasses: Here it is!

3 tbsp almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp butter --melt it!
1 egg
Pinch of salt

Stir small together til it looks like corn muffin mix - then pop in the microwave 90 seconds. I pull it out, allow to cool a bit, and slice. Then I toasted on a DRY skillet, and schmear with peanut butter or butter and SF jam.

(Richard Morris) #4126

This recipe came from Julie’s dad who was once sous chef at Claridges restaurant in London. They used to make this from a bechemal with cheese.

75g cheese
1 tsp Sodium Citrate
15ml boiling water

Nuked for a minute then formed into balls and left in the freezer to go solid

Dipped in a beaten egg and rolled in pork rinds … twice

Then I dipped my balls in the deep fryer

and we have more Tapas recipes for January

(Cathy) #4127

I wish I hadn’t given my deep fryer away… I wonder if the instant pot could double as a deep fryer?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4128

NO

(Mike Glasbrener) #4129

Break “fast”

(Becky) #4130

Thanks!

(Wenchie) #4131

Pork belly, Hokaido pure and brussels sprouds… cooked with a lot of good butter

(Shayne) #4132

leftover Greek style lamb chop and cauli-rice with a bit of bacon grease for extra flavor, followed by my daily 1oz of brazil nuts and a square of 86% chocolate.

I’m going to spend the afternoon with my collection of Keto and paleo cookbooks looking for AIP type recipes and making a menu for the two weeks starting next Sunday (so I can create a grocery list as well).

(Andi McNamara) #4133

Pulled pork for the Pat’s game today!

(Andrew Anderson) #4134

Brisket is my favorite food group.

(Sophie) #4135

Made my first Beef Tongue today! :stuck_out_tongue:
Figured I’d better at least try one since I requested all that my friend wanted to give me when she has her cows slaughtered. :smirk:

Turned out very tasty. I still have to get my head around the nubby texture on the outside but the flavor is really close to Ox Tails to me. And Lucy Loved It too! :dog:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4136