What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Cathy) #81

Everything hotdog with ugly fries.

No Ma’am, Right-Handed. … Knife was just on that side of the plate when I put it down on the table.

Still losing presently, but I weigh in tomorrow (Sunday mornings) which tomorrow will also mark 1 year of being Keto for me. :slight_smile: :+1: - Last Sunday’s results had me at 226.5 lbs.

And yep, we make the Deviled Eggs ourselves. (Didn’t even know they sell them already made?) I like changing them up from time to time, adding in different ingredients. But pretty much keep them on the ready daily. :slight_smile: … We usually but 4 to 6 (18 count) cartons at a time, since we use them so much. :slight_smile:

For instance, today’s early meal… (making today TMAD) Eggs, Bacon and Sausage Links. And a glass of Almond Milk.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #83

Took the “little” one out to breakfast after getting my car serviced this morning. Got a meat lovers omelette (which came with home fries, which I did not eat :raised_hands:t4:)

(Full Metal KETO AF) #84

I almost always do sousvide with a good salt dose only. I never do plain meat without salt as it improves flavor and texture, the salt has time to penetrate the surface and improve flavor and texture inside the meat during sousvide cooking.

Sometimes I add a rosemary, oregano or thyme branch from my garden but mostly I have found that the herbal flavors are lost when you sear them, and the herbs mostly flavor the liquid in the bag.

I also stopped ever adding fat to the bag as some people do because the extra fat doesn’t penetrate the meat and mostly sucks off flavor from the meat.

I also never pre sear meat before sousvide because you’re always going to want to sear it again and it just means double exposure to high heat creating more over cooked grey zone.

I hope this was helpful info. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #85

Amazing progress Dave, I honestly wondered if you were at maintenance with you gigantic OMAD but you’re down almost 100 lbs and that’s AMAZING! :cowboy_hat_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #86

This was a lazy dinner but steak with butter and throw a handful of spinach on top, mix to wilt the leaves. It was pretty darn tasty, though.

(Doug) #87

****, that looks good! :sunglasses:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #88

Tomato Feta Dill Weed Scrambled Eggs

I love this combo, it was a breakfast special at a hip local cafe occasionally and it has stuck with me for over 30 years as my favorite scrambled eggs variation. :man_cook:t3:

Have a great weekend everyone! :cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks, David. - Yeah, I prefer OMAD. (One Massive Ass Dinner) but yep, still losing. :slight_smile:

The Emergency Surgery I had to have back in January caused about a 3 month setback so to speak, but still coming along nicely. :+1:

(Marianne) #90

I forgot about them! I’m making some!

(Marianne) #91

These kids are going to eat you out of house and home! :laughing:

(Marianne) #92

How do you boil them? I have tried everything and the shells come off in tiny pieces, taking half the egg white with them. So frustrating! Going to google it once again.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #93

just prepped these since I was way too full alread.
They freeze very nicely

(Full Metal KETO AF) #94

I know you didn’t ask me but,

Get water boiling in a pot. Room temperature eggs. Gentley put the eggs into the water. I use a metal basket that fits in my pot to put them in all at once but a slotted spoon one by one will work. When it boils again time 11 minutes. Gentley pour off the water and run cold tap water into the pot until they cool. Older eggs are much easier than fresh for peeling. Crack the eggs well and return to the cold water for a few minutes. The shells should slide off without sticking to the egg. Also start peeling at the large end of the egg, there should be a sulphuric bubble there making it easy to start. :man_cook:t3:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #95

Those are absolutely beautiful. :drooling_face:

:cowboy_hat_face:

I posted a while back about an easy way to peel Eggs … You might find it quite helpful and easy.

We always put them in after the water comes to a boil, and she then uses the method described in the post above. Shells sometimes come right off, and if not, they come off pretty easy. … But just don’t shake them around too vigorously, as some here have said they did. You can indeed bust them up if you’re, say, taking out your anger on them. :smile: But works quite well and also quick.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #97

Dinner was two eggs baked in mince, topped with cheddar and red leicester and cherry tomatoes :yum:

Followed by some chocolate!! :yum:

I use this method, but I just fill pan with cold water about 1” above eggs, when water boils, cover and remove from heat, set timer for 15 min and then commence to cold water rinse-shake in pan- rinse and peal :grin: The pealing method saved my sanity :clap:

(Candace) #99

(Will knit for bacon. ) #100

I roasted a spatchcocked chicken for lunch. It’s my favorite way to cook a whole chicken, because 1) all the skin gets brown and crispy, 2) the meat stays juicy, and 3) spatchcock is fun to say.

I slathered the whole thing in seasoned butter and saved the drippings with the carcass to make stock.