What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Karen) #9115

Snacktime. Parmesan crackers and liverwurst

(Karen) #9116

Dinner
Salad with olive oil and Parmesan crumbles. Chicken cheese casserole

Dinner was 3 -1/4lb. Beef Hotdogs (The Girls got one of them), Pickled Sausage, Olives and Pickles.

(Brandy) #9118

Swedish meatballs and cabbage. The meatballs were great but I should have precooked the cabbage “noodles”, rather than steaming them on top of the meatballs and gravy. The water from the cabbage diluted the gravy, so it no longer clung the way it should. Lessons learned.

I’m missing @ClareBear, I hope you’re doing well…

(Jody) #9120

That was a Costco one (not my first) and it was delicious! Enjoy!

@ClareBear I too, am missing you.

(Jody) #9121

Wednesday OMAD:

1lb [GF/F 70/30] Beef patties w/ 3 slices of Colby Jack Cheese, 4 Sunny-Side up eggs, 1 slice raw beef liver.

Forgot to take a cpic…will next time. I watch “Cooking Keto with Kristie” on Youtube- (so you can see the dish), and tried the Crack-slaw. Done it with ground beef and ground chicken. Added plenty of extra fat in the form of coconut oil, and the cabbage soaks it right up. It tastes like the filling of an eggroll- which I could eat non-stop. Freaking delicious!

The beef and chicken are both tasty. I think the chicken is a bit more tender than the beef, but they are both delicious.

Porky pork ribs today - the left are just salted for me (I prefer just meat and salt lately) and the right seasoned for my husband…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #9124

Nice Rig Snaps! :wink::heart::heart::heart::cowboy_hat_face:

(Karen) #9125

Lunch BLT and

soup

(Jane) #9126

Filet mignon and roasted asparagus.

Our grocery shelves aren’t totally bare like some places but definitely a run on cheap ground hamburger. I picked up a pack of the grass fed for bunless burgers later. Plenty of ribeyes and filet mignon left!!! I picked up some pork tenderloin I plan to sous vide half and make IP pulled pork out of the other half

(Brandy) #9127

Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup, Ketofied with a couple of alternative ingredients and shiritaki noodles. I’m not the one who makes this soup. It’s my husband’s best dish. It requires three different pots and then layering into the bowl. It’s an hours long, ritualistic, therapeutic act of love.

Dinner tonight after setting up all my computer stuff from work… Ended up starting to work from home tomorrow. Wife made Steak Cubes with Mushrooms in Gravy. Also a Rotisserie Chicken Breast, Pickles, Olives and Pickled Sausage.

('Jackie P') #9129

OMG! That’s bloody brilliant!

Very few photos, just this

And this

I have spent 2 days buying whatever food I can and cooking it as meals for Mum’s (and mine) freezers.
Funnily enough, 2 packs of 20% mince left, so have made cauliflower cheese shepherd’s pies and a chilli. All the butcher had was a pile of lamb’s liver and kidneys and a small mound of scrappy looking stewing steak! So we have liver and bacon casserole and steak and kidney.
There were 2 chickens left, as I put my hand out for one, the other was nabbed!
I got a small tray of chicken fillets, which is now a red thai curry. And … 1 tray of chicken wings :hugs:.
I also got some bacon, frankfurters and low carb sausages. And … some toilet rolls!! Yayy!!
I am so grateful that I no longer rely on pasta and beans as staples, there were none!
I don’t have to go shopping now for ages and Mum should bè good too.
I am going to Mums tomorrow to stock her up. Sunday is Mother’s day and Monday she has a hospital appointment, which I would like her to keep before everything goes tits-up🙄.
I don’t know if I should spend time with her but she said she would rather die of the virus than die of loneliness and sadness :disappointed_relieved:. So I am going for the time being to take her out for some fresh air and exercise. Of course things may change :sob:.
On a positive note, my diary was full of lunch dates and evening get togethers, now it’s full of walk dates with individual friends. I might get fitter!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #9130

Thanks so much! We are beside ourselves with excitement! Rubbish timing in that our horizons are closing in around us and everybody else for that matter, but we’ve been out in it daily since we picked it up Wednesday, and overnighted in it for the first time last night. Need to make the most of it while we can. It was bought as a tool for a job which will/was going to involve travelling the length and breadth of the country over a period of 18 months - a mixture of quite a lot of day trips and (obviously) some longer ones too. For now though we’re keeping local and as we’re social distancing (me) and social shielding (him) we’re not mixing with anyone other than ourselves.
(Self-isolation/social distancing/social shielding - it’s a minefield, all this jargon. Confused.)

Brandy, this is possibly the most romantic thing I have ever read on this forum. I’m out of awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws already!

Yes it most certainly is!

Oh Jackie, absolutely. It’s a tough call, but when you look at it this way then gosh. We showed the Aged Parents (term of endearment, honest) the new wheels yesterday - from a distance - and we’re a very very huggy, tactile family, and it just feels very very strange.

Stay safe, everyone.

('Jackie P') #9131

I’ve said it before guys!

Bullet proof cocoa has magical properties!
And now it seems it may protect us :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jody) #9132

1 lb [GF/F 70/30] Beef patties w/ 3 slices of Cheddar Cheese, 4 raw eggs yolks (not in the picture), 1 slice raw beef liver, 8 egg whites made into “Carnivore Biscuits” (2 were “everything but the bagel”, 2 were plain w/ salt, the darker 2 ones were stevia and cinnamon and butter).

I was doing it by memory and I really didn’t NEED 8 egg whites as that was about 250g and I really needed 150 … but they were just bigger than expected. lol

Hash browns and 5 eggs fried in 1/4 cup butter, 3 slices of bacon, topped with homemade sour cream and salt and pepper. :wink:

Leftover porky, eggs, chicken liver and a salad.