What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8204

@KetoSnaps Alright Rebecca, that looks delicious and you just made me impatient for that leftover Ribeye from yesterday that’s reheating slowly at a low oven temperature. I was doing pretty good till I saw your post damn it! :joy::joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #8205

Tut! You boys are all the same! Boasting about the size of ya beef and all the time it’s just a little bit!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8206

@CrackerJax You do know that men have a unique view of size, right? We are able to look at maps and envision an inch as a mile! :laughing::joy::joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #8207

Well I’ve got steak tomorrow - enjoy the rest of your magnificent 31-ouncer!

I hadn’t had lamb for yonks. Had some half-price mince in the freezer which I bought on impulse because it was on sale, and I found some pork mince that had been around for a while. It was such a delicious combo - another slow-cooker-bung*-it-all-in wonder!

(*Can’t do it. Can’t avoid the word. I’m BRITISH!)

(Heather Meyer) #8208

Hah!! I knew the abyss had to have an ending somewhere. PROOF your human!! (was starting to question whether or not you were scientifically engineered or perhaps hail from another galaxy!.. They do say Men are from Mars after all)

Guess i am stuck continuing on my search for ET life on earth. Drat!

('Jackie P') #8209

Haha! That made me giggle :joy:

Lamb chops for me

Delicious :yum:

(Brandy) #8210

I chunk up a head and boil it until soft, drain well, then add about 2oz cream cheese, a couple of tablespoons of butter and the hot cauliflower to a food processor and blend until smooth. Then I put it back in a pan over low heat and stir constantly to evaporate any extra water. A trick that Kim Howerton shared, which is brilliant.

(Alex ) #8211

Thought there would be a blender involved… No matter what I put in my cauli rice, it’s never the right consistency…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8212

Breakfast of Kings!

:cut_of_meat::egg::egg::cowboy_hat_face:

(Brandy) #8213

So, I guess I should have mentioned- that cauliflower blends for a really long time in the food processor. Even when I’ve cooked it to as soft as it can possibly be, cauliflower is still fibrous enough to resist mashing to that really smooth consistency. But if you continue past the point that you think its done all it can do, it’ll do more.

I keep looking at a Vitamix (or something similar that’s more realistically in my budget) because they’re suppose to pulverize hot food without exploding out the top- but they’ve all got heating elements too and I just feel like that’s too much stuff going on.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #8214

For mash I cook my cauliflower till really soft (I usually just nuke the frozen stuff - if I use fresh I’ll do it leaves, stalks and all) then season it, add a load of cheese and attack it with my immersion/stick blender. Saves on washing up!

(Brennan) #8215

Hot bone broth with a tbsp of chilled coconut cream for a nice foam cap.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #8216

This was one of those “I don’t feel like going to the store, what do I already have in the fridge / freezer?” meals :joy:

Ground beef :white_check_mark:
Bacon :white_check_mark:
Green beans :white_check_mark:

Whatever works :woman_shrugging:t4:

Wife made Chicken/Mushroom/Broccoli Casserole… Still steaming… :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8218

Lite Dinner post PT

Andouille, lil’ Ribeye scrap, Eggs, Old Gouda Cheese and Butter

I had a stellar physical therapy session today, 200% better than last week :fist::cowboy_hat_face:

(Alex ) #8219

Can you get heated blenders now? That’s useful to know, I’ve often thought my Bulletproof Coffee comes out colder than I would like after dumping butter out of the fridge in the mixer.

(Alex ) #8220

I’ve been basically cooking my cauli rice in the microwave first, then putting it in as my last ingredient to stir frys / chilli / curry etc - and then throwing mozzarella in last too to try and give the plate the sort of sticky / together feel you want - but the rice still always end up too loose or feels too chunky to eat.

(Brandy) #8221

You can. They’re soup blenders designed to pulverize raw veg and heat it. They’re cool but I need one more small appliance with lots of breakable features like I need a hole in the head. :wink:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #8222

Oh I see what you mean! Missed that you were talking about rice rather than mash.

I guess my caulirice (500g frozen cauliflower for 2, nuked for 8 mins, drained, whizzed in a mini processor with coriander leaves, salt and pepper) is more of an alternative to rice than a rice-like substitute!

Thinking about it, I don’t know how you’d get the clagginess of rice without it being, well, actual rice. :thinking:

(Karen) #8223

Dinner at the village in