What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if either one would be good for this either, so it’s good to know. :+1:

But definitely need to find out what would work best. Might try the Xanthan Gum next time. (Maybe next weekend?) … When I’m doing something like a stir fry with cut up Steak or Chicken I will sometimes just use some Cream Cheese, etc. but this isn’t what I wanted for the EFY sauce. I do like what David said about it being more like cornstarch which does work quite well if it wasn’t so high in Carbs.

(Jody) #7202

Monday dinner …

1.5lb raw ground meat sitting on 6 cooked egg whites w/ the 6 raw egg yolks on top.

@Jody22 Carnivore delight…:wink:

My carnivore lunch at work, I’m off to a “holiday LCHF baking class” with my friend and I didn’t want to shock my body with an erythritol-laced OMAD :wink:

Two thighs, bratwurst, 3 soft-boiled eggs, 1egg+3 yolk (made my husband some keto rolls this morning)+15g butter :slight_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7204

Baked eggs in my lovely new dish from TK Maxx! :laughing::laughing:

Decided to get out of the office and grabbed something for lunch at Giant. … Since their Rotisserie Chickens have been over-cooked the last couple times, I decided try some of the hot bar choices. It was a little better, at least not being dried out… Added some Pepperoni, Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Vienna’s. 2 Small Meatballs, Chicken leg/thigh Quarter, Couple small pieces of Whiting Fish and Polish Sausage. Showed the Pork Rinds I picked up, but didn’t eat any today. Handful of Salted Peanuts and a bottle of Iced Tea.

IMG_2295

('Jackie P') #7206

Cheese, mayo and chilli chaffwiches for work lunch, and when I got home …

Chaffles with butter and marmite! So very substantial and nutritious compared to my old toast and marmite! And can’t you just get so much more butter on a chaffle​:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dinner for a TMAD… Cauliflower in Butter, Cheese, Pepperoni and a nice Veal Chuck Chop

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #7208

Cauliflower mac & cheese, salad w pesto dressing, chicken marinara w provolone, and my MCT cream drink

(Heather Meyer) #7209

How is raw ground beef safe? In Canada we cant even serve a medium rare or medium burger. Every burger has to be 100% cooked through!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #7210

Blimey @Jody22 please don’t take this personally, but I think I’d prefer @ClareBear’s cooked version…!
:rofl:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7211

:joy::joy::joy:

(Jody) #7212

I get this from a place that grinds the meat fresh daily. I have always had a “cast iron” stomach (says my family), and I have always preferred my meats cooked as little as possible.

There are a lot of places that won’t serve medium rare / medium burgers here … but I have found, if you ask, most will serve you a good rare one.

(Jody) #7213

nah, I FULLY understand that raw meat and/or raw eggs are not everyone’s thing. I do think the combo of the raw beef and raw egg yolks are DELICIOUS so it works for me :slight_smile:

In fact, here is Tuesday’s OMAD (and maybe more to your liking … lol) …

1.5lb ground beef (cooked) with (cooked) eggs and cheese mixed in.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #7214

Yummy!

I think it was the sheer scale of the raw-meat-egginess in your OMAD that put me off!

In fact I’ve enjoyed steak tartare whenever I’ve had it at a restaurant, and even had ‘duck tartare’ at one place - I’d never eaten raw poultry before, and it felt rather naughty! But those were both in, well, smaller portions and not flooded with quite that much runny egg yolk (just the one egg yolk on each of those restaurant occasions, as I recall).

:sweat_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7215

Just a little cheese on the chilli…It had to be done!!

(traci simpson) #7216

Where’s the rest of your food!!! LOL

(traci simpson) #7217

Tell me, what do you put in yours and how long do you cook them for? I like mine really crispy but when the light turns green it means ALL DONE. I’m thinking the next time I decide to make some, I’ll just leave them in there for awhile longer.

(Jody) #7218

I don’t always eat that much raw meat. I will eat SOME daily … usually a quarter to half pound and cook the rest**. I was just feeling it that day … the meat was fresh ground, fresh from the butcher and looked good.

** So, as in my Tuesday OMAD picture … that was really about 1lb cooked, the other half pound(ish) was eaten raw while I was cooking.

(Jessica) #7219

Taco Tuesday! Venison taco chaffles

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7220

I can only think of one upside to eating raw meat and eggs, and that’s dinner is ready in seconds! :joy::rofl: