What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Doug) #4746

Where’s the Beef?!

32 ounce or 900 gram ribeye with mushrooms and jack cheese.

('Jackie P') #4747

Had a mini meatloaf in the freezer. After 2 x 10 1/2 hr shifts I was knackered so bunged it in the oven !
Pepperonata too.

Fabulous

(Liz) #4748

Dressed and ready to party! The topping is rendered beef fat which will melt when briefly warmed.

(Will knit for bacon. ) #4749

Fajita bowl! Lettuce, grilled chicken, sautéed bell peppers and onion, topped with cheese and sour cream. I used Penzey’s Salsa and Pico seasoning in the chicken.

Next time I do this I think I’ll use pork. Mmm, carnitas bowls…

(Jane) #4750

Burnt pork ends, fatty brisket and black pepper sausage.

When the kid asked me if I wanted lean, fatty or chopped brisket and I said “fatty!” he grinned.

I’ll get 2 meals out of this.

Not today, but recently. Keto lemon meringue cupcakes. Outstanding. Recipe here.

French onion chicken with mixed veg, smothered in butter😋

Served with sour cream and salsa.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4755

Our Supper

Steven’s Meal

Roast Chicken Legs and Homemade Sauerkraut

My Supper

Half Pound of Ground Lamb, Garden Fresh Tomato Sauce :drooling_face: w/ Romano Cheese and bit of Cream Cheese

Best tomato sauce I ever tasted! Like tomato soup concentrate. Did I accidentally add sugar? :cowboy_hat_face:

(Tyler) #4756

That looks delicious

(Steve) #4757

Wow outstanding, nice crispy crust!
Hot sausage & peppers are on my list now

(mole person) #4758

First I should say I never use frozen meat so it’s possible that some differences might arise from cooking pre frozen meats that I’d not be aware of.

Here are my two strip loin steaks one on top of the other to make it a roast like thickness for the oven baking part.

They cooked in the oven at 175 F (even lower may be better) for 2.5 hrs.

As you can see the meat is still red, the fat is unrendered, and very little juices have come out.

Here is a picture of the total pan juices. It’s too little to do anything with.

And here are the finished steaks after a one minute sear on each side. Cooked to just on the rarer side of medium but all the way through just like from the sous vide.

Dinner tonight before heading out in the yard to work… Entree plate, Cheddar Cheese, Pepperoni, Olives, Pickles and Celery. Then a Top Sirloin Steak with Butter and some Mushrooms.

(Will knit for bacon. ) #4760

Made up a stuffed celery recipe while I was waiting for my chaffles to cook. 4 oz cream cheese, 2 tbsp Parmesan, 1 tsp dried basil, 10 or 12 thin pepperoni slices diced up. (All amounts are estimates ‘cause I’m a dirty non-measurer.)

They are surprisingly tasty. I’m taking them to work tomorrow to shove in the mouth of the next person who skeptically asks me what I eat on Keto.

(Brandy) #4761

My husband smoked some St. Louis ribs. Look at that smoke ring!

And that may be the best reason of all for me to find a man. :smile: :wink:

Stuffed bell pepper with ground chuck, cauliflower rice, and shredded cheddar along with some sour cream and a little queso.

(Diane) #4764

Umm… recipe?

(Susan) #4765

Hehe have you had that second date yet?? How did it go if you did?

(Kristen Ann) #4766

I like my steaks rare so I’ve started freezing them just slightly before I cook them. Then I throw them in a really hot cast iron pan and sear for 2-3 minutes per side. They are amazing. Not sure if this is a normal thing people do or not though…