What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

('Jackie P') #4445

Just a simple ribeye with cauliflower puree and buttery pan juices

It was rarer than it looks!

(Tyler) #4446

Coated some chicken strips with some egg then ground up pork skins. Keto coleslaw and ranch dressing.

Espresso con panna

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #4448

When I’ve added ginger I’ve sliced it (mainly because my grater’s a ***** to clean ginger out of!). That actually was a good move as I could fish it out before it offended Mr S’s fusspot tendencies! :rofl:

Enjoy the fermentation alchemy! My grocery delivery tonight included my next cabbage - I shall be doing some shredding tomorrow!

('Jackie P') #4449

:grin: thank you

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4450

@CrackerJax Glad you liked your first kraut batch. You can eat it as young as 1 week or if you have a water lock crock you can leave it in a basement where it’s cool for several months. At two and three weeks other slower developing probiotic strains are mature. I always do three to six weeks now, four seems a good amount. It gets more sour and less crunchy the longer you let it go. Ginger I have done grated and in paper thin fingernail sized slices. I eat the slices and enjoy those bits. There are tons of variations on sauerkraut making. Here’s a couple of my favorite links that I always reference for ideas and facts.

https://www.makesauerkraut.com/how-long-to-ferment-sauerkraut/

This will help you with some ideas and knowledge. There are lots of krautmaker myths floating around the web. Like keto you have to read a bunch of stuff and sort out the fact from the myth. As far as what to do with your current batch you can put it in a couple of smaller jars, I recommend leaving the brine in the jars. Refrigerate them to slow further fermentation to a crawl. They should stay good refrigerated for a year. The flavor will mellow like aging wine after months. :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #4451

Cor thanks for that!:blush:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4452

Breakfast To Go

Hot Italian Sausage, Five Eggs, Green Bell Pepper and Skellig Cheddar Cheese

Five hours of driving back and forth to San Francisco for a 9am dental appointment, up at 5am and on the road at 6. Frustrating commute there had my BP elevated in the dentist chair. San Francisco must have some of the worst drivers in the world. I got a kick when this guy cut me off and I got a good look at his van when traffic stopped.

As you can see his bumper and left corner of the van are all wrinkled up, especially where the “How am I driving?” sticker is. Does anyone really need to answer that question? :joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

Slow cooker garlic chicken thighs topped with parm, sour cream, and black pepper.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4454

Chicken Tomato Egg Flower Soup

:cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #4455

Grrr some drivers, at least you got a good look at his van. I was a victim of a terrible road rage attack when coming home from my Mum’s on Monday! Shook me up but I didn’t get the number to report it. Thank god for central locking, else I could of been really hurt.:worried:

('Jackie P') #4456

What’s an egg flower? Sounds cute!

(Susan) #4457

I was thinking he meant egg, cauliflower… but I might be wrong of course =). It does look very nice though.

That driver… grr. that is not the first time I have seen a bad driver driving with a banged up vehicle though… so annoying.

Speaking of…my batch of ziploc bag fermented curtido turned out amazing!

(Diane) #4459

Taken from dummies.com (I had trouble copying text from the website so here are some photos):

(Susan) #4460

Well I was certainly wrong in guessing it meant egg and cauliflower as a short form, haha.

(Diane) #4461

I wonder if you made eggs this way, disguised with lots of salty chicken broth and maybe some added steamed veggies, if you might find them more palatable. I think you could use broccoli or cauliflower (or cauliflower rice), or fresh spinach, etc.

Just a thought.

(Susan) #4462

It is a good idea; Diane =). Thank you, I might try that once it is getting colder out. I feel like right now I wouldn’t want soup, but soup is lovely in the winter! That is a great idea =).

I’m a Maryland girl and can relate.

I let my last batch ferment for a month (I like it tangy) before refrigerating.