What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Susan) #5498

Yummy meal !!!

Took a walk through the woods where I got permission to hunt, but only cut through the edge some, and checked out behind the fields. But not wanting to tramp all through it, I skirted the property to head back to the roadway not too far from home. - Just a little over a mile, and then walked back home from there. Wife made Chicken Patties, along with some Olives, Pickles, Pepperoni, Hard Salami and Cheese.

As far as the property, I didn’t see much deer sign in total. (but didn’t walk all through it either) But boy are there some big ravines in there. But I guess I can’t say there isn’t any deer in there. Especially since I brought V a present home with me. - She loved it… :slight_smile:

Ever the optimist, “as well as a Hunters Wife”, she then said 'Well you never know, this might be from 2 or 3 years ago and he’s still in there, but a lot bigger! :smile::+1:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #5500

Those chicken patties look delicious!

('Jackie P') #5501

Many years ago I was holidaying in France, and I tried an Andouille sausage. Just because I had no idea what it was and was being adventurous! After a few mouthfuls I asked what the hell is this! :face_vomiting: It was rank and … kind of frilly! It was pure intestines! I think it is just a sick joke they play on the English! Like this

Yours looks delicious by the way and nothing like what I had!:yum:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5502

The steroid hunger struck early this morning! :joy: my head was telling me to save these meatballs for dinner, my heart told me I needed them now…:hugs:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #5503

Same here! I was a young teenager at the time. My brother and I still have revolting conversations about the ‘pigs’ insides inside pigs’ insides’. I think they would have been greatly improved had the chef bothered to rinse some of the **** off the chitterlings first!

On the other hand the andouille in David’s picture looks absolutely delicious! I’m assuming it’s an entirely different product to the rural French version!

Thinking of stopping Keto

Thanks, they were pretty good, but not sure what all she put in them this time. I know Mozzarella was one thing, since I had mentioned that before heading out. But she added some other stuff in there too. Told her we could also try adding some stuff like the Keto-BBQ sauce she makes, or maybe make a nice Cheese Sauce to go with them. :slight_smile:

(Jody) #5505

See, I am the opposite … I WANT to try that. I have had Chitterlings (the lower intestine of a pig) and I liked it. I need a show where I travel around and eat “weird”** stuff!

** weird to us, but normal for the locals.

(Jody) #5506

Tuesday OMAD

Ground meat w/ cheese, 1 x Kiolbassa and 2 chaffles and a couple of slices of Honey garlic soupie that came in my last carnivore box.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5507

@CrackerJax @KetoSnaps

Cajun andouille is pork meat, not intestines. Very tasty. Intestines are supposed to be the outside, not the filling. Crazy French! It’s spicy but not what I would describe as very hot. It’s smoked usually I think but this is the first time I’ve found it raw in California. So these aren’t smoked. Grilling them with some pecan wood chips was better than skillet cooking which I did the first time. I found them frozen and need to buy a bunch more before they disappear from the store. Reasonable carb tax on them. That whole coil is 8 carbs but I only are about 1/3 of the rope. Made by Mighty Spark.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5508

I had to look that up, it’s called soprassata here.

(Jody) #5509

Sorry, I was in a hurry this morning.

Here is where it came from and here is how they make it.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5510

Thank Goodness for that! Was worried you had started eating intestines @David_Stilley :joy::joy:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5511

You do know that traditional sausages are stuffed into part of the intestine?

Mmmmm…Sausages :drooling_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #5512

Haha! Omg, gross!:nauseated_face:

('Jackie P') #5513

You do, you do :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I guessed it wasn’t the same!:joy:

(Steve) #5514

Steamed eggs, cheddar sodium citrate sauce, Mexican caulirice and breakfast sausage
Garden grape tomatoes

('Jackie P') #5515

I’m happy with that, its the frilly innards I don’t like😠

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5516

Yeah that bit has always freaked me out…I always cut them off my sausages! :joy::speak_no_evil:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5517

:joy::joy::joy: