What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Candy Lind) #4776

OMG! Stealing that idea as soon as I can get that little Chaffel maker! :heart_eyes:

Yes. It was fine but it was mutually clear there won’t be a third date. Nothing bad, just not enough chemistry and compatibility to sustain past dates one and two.

Now that I think about it… I may have scared him away with my large order of meat at the BBQ place we went to. He got lean turkey. I got fatty beef brisket and three big hot sausages. Hahaha!

(Candy Lind) #4778

I said I wanted the fattest cut he had at a BBQ place one day, and then he started to trim the cap off! I stopped him just in time and said, ”You can weigh it without the fat if you like, but I still want it!” LOL :joy:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4779

Just as well, you obviously threaten his sense of manliness! :joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

(Candy Lind) #4780

@OldDoug, my man, you’re killing me here! :exploding_head: I’m sitting in a Freightliner shop with a broken truck and nothing but left-overs (tasty, but still left-overs). Anyone out there near Tifton, GA who’d like to do a charity run? :crazy_face:

(Candy Lind) #4781

@KetoSnaps Rebecca, that whole spread looks AWESOME!

Week 1 - overwhelmed with right and wrong
(Candy Lind) #4782

My sympathies! But in my house I think it would be “kill it before it kills me!” I can’t take de-seeded jalapeños, much less these monsters! LOL

(Susan) #4783

It is good you found this out early on at least. Maybe you should include Keto in your profile =)).

(mole person) #4784

Yah, I’m sorry. This is the cut I got wrong. Mine was tough too. I’m going to try it again at 12 hrs but this may be a cut that’s just best done in the sous vide if you want it rare. I think chuck and blade would require similar longer durations.

I’m doing the strip loin again tonight at a slightly lower temp to try to perfect my preferred rareness. It was excellent last night but a bit to close to medium and I really prefer nearly rare.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #4785

Awwww, thanks Candy! It tasted pretty good!

(Steve) #4786

Chaffle Cheese Burgers

(Jeff S) #4787

Is this serious? That seems like an enormous amount of food to me. Granted I’m a small guy. 5’5" and hovering around 124 pounds. I think that would be 3 meals for me.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #4788

Just caught Mr S suffering new-to-keto delirium on encountering a scrap of polystyrene on the floor of his studio.

‘Cake…’? he said!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He’s doing really well though - he’s been on this WOE since Monday evening and is hoping to stick with it!

And he didn’t eat this ‘cake’!

(Ashley) #4789

Oh man :frowning: I hope your truck gets fixed soon!

(Candy Lind) #4790

My repair shop leftovers - the rest of my coffee with macadamia milk, cream, & cocoa; ribs lightly sauced, collards with blue cheese dressing (The collards were completely unseasoned! Necessity is the mother of invention, and I must say it was quite good - but left me without “dip” for my ribs. LOL!); not pictured were black & green olives & cheddar cheese. If that’s not enough I have an avocado to cut into.

(Mame) #4791

wait, aren’t you suppose to be in a canoe?

I guess roasts will just have to be slow cooked then. I have no plans to get a sous vide. (please no one try to talk me into one, I am clear that I currently do not want it)
But I will report on the short ribs that I will do tomorrow …

(Tiffani Dutridge) #4792

We have driven from NW Ohio to Florida a couple of times recently. The last time we went we ate at a bbq place in Tifton called the Pit Stop. It was just off of 75, best smoked chicken wings I’ve ever had!

(mole person) #4793

Boo hoo! I am. But circumstances have put the trip off for a while. I’m still hoping I get at least a shorter camping trip sometime later this week.

(mole person) #4794

I plan to do more oven attempts and I’ll report if I get any good results with those cuts.

('Jackie P') #4795

Well that would never work would it :joy::joy::joy:
Better luck next time!!