What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Brandy) #2835

Looks yummy! I love making chili verde. And chili Colorado. And carnitas. And any other thing I can make with a huge hunk of meat! :smirk:

Also, I feel like I should submit photos of my recent project directly to you for approval, as you seem to be the forum’s voice of authority on all things fermented. I realize you can’t truly approve without the ability to taste but I assure you, deliciousness.

(Troy) #2836

May I suggest🙂

Uses protein powder and almond milk as a coating, if that’s your thing OR within your carnivore woe
If NOT, this still looks good!!
I don’t have an air fryer YET

Keto KFC

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2837

@Wahinewanders Okay Brandy! I have been wondering where the kimchi has been hiding considering all the Korean food you have posted previously. I’m certain it’s awesome! I haven’t done asparagus pickles before, that looks good too.

I have been enjoying the pleasant little fart sounds coming from my crock from a batch of sauerkraut I started Friday night, about every two minutes :joy::joy::grin:. I put coriander and caraway seeds this time. I like to use fennel seed but I was out and settled on the caraway.

I have only made kimchi once but it came out phenomenally delicious IMHO…do you add fish sauce or shrimp paste to yours? I used fish sauce since I didn’t have fermented shrimp paste. I’m really curious to try fermented squid kimchi, Ojingeojeot.

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Diane) #2838

You’re gonna need to share your method for perfected Big Mac sauce!

(Brandy) #2839

Kimchi is the one Korean food that I was still buying in jars because I was afraid to make it. But I don’t know why. Fermenting is spectacularly easy and the food is SO MUCH BETTER than anything from the store.

I used fish sauce for mine, as I can barely stand to handle shrimp paste. Since my family is Hawaiian (Asian melting pot), our family cooking culture naturally includes tons of Asian food. I think the only reason I go so heavy on the Korean is because so many of my favorite Chinese, Thai and Japanese recipes are noodle based. It’s been a bit more of a learning curve to transition those cuisines and frankly, even the flavor profiles can trigger dumpling cravings in me. My name is Brandy and I’m a dim sum addict.

I made a batch of sauerkraut recently as well, but didn’t snap a photo. Also delicious. :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2840

Chili Verde

Pork Butt stewed with Fire Roasted Vegetables. Topped with Cilantro, Sour Cream and Cotija Cheese :man_cook:t4:

Still great without tortillas! I did it all traditional and finished the cooking with my Instant Pot. Quite nice not having to stir it every 5 minutes to keep it from scorching for the second hour of stewing when done in a Dutch Oven. :cowboy_hat_face:

Chili Verde
(Jennifer) #2841

Greek Salad topped with Kefta

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2842

Shirataki angel hair buried under fresh mozzarella, parm reg and low carb meatballs. The guinea in me is playing the hand organ and hopping around a quaint, red checkered tablecloth trattoria, lookin like Chef Boyardee on steroids. Soo good.

(Ashley) #2843

Did you make the meatballs? If so recipe?

Had a Salad with Meats, along with some Salmon, Pepperoni, Cheese’s, Pickles and Olives.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2845

Ohhhhh Ash, I did not this time around. They’re uncooked, store bought. >1g carbs per ball. No gluten or sugars. It’s a fabulous find.

My own personal meatballs are a labor of love, and usually contain gluten lol. I make my own breadcrumbs for them with very toasted ciabatta bread.

(Ashley) #2846

It’s one thing I miss is my Italian meatballs cooked in the slow cooker all day with loads of sauce and done with different types of smothered in cheese and bread! Maybe I’ll have to find a sub alternative :thinking:

(Ashley) #2847

What’s the brand if you don’t mind me asking?

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2848

(Ashley) #2849

Never seen it, I’ll have to be on the lookout for them or ones like them! Thank you!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2850

Yeah they’re completely raw. They somehow taste like italian sausage, but I’m good with that.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2851

@x-Dena-x Fennel? :cowboy_hat_face:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2852

I defo bit a fennel seed, which is a main ingredient in italian sausage. Tho, I do prefer the seedless sausages. I like the essence but not biting directly into the stinkin seed.

(Karen) #2853

Brunch out with my ladies group

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2854

First thing I told my GF this morning… I think you need to make us Keto pizza tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

She did, and it was fantastic !

So I told her, “See, you did exactly what I asked for, and it was great… So that should be a good lesson… Just always do whatever I ask for, and it will always be all good” :smiley: lol

I doubt it’s going to work out that way… But I can dream, right ? :smiley: Lol