What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

What’s funny is I have taken them to a burger joint for fries backup, but never thought to take them to a Mexican food place.

I guess I’m too timid when you actually have a server coming to your table. :rofl:

Side note: that same burger joint I’ve actually taken sliced cheese, because they charge $1 per slice! No thanks, I’ll bring my own. I figure if I can order a burger without cheese, then it doesn’t hurt them what I bring to put on it after it’s paid for.

Cloud bread cheeseburgers tonight. Delicious, but not photogenic so no photos today :slight_smile:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #223

YES!

Aren’t they crazy good?!
Biggest problem I have is they run out.

Now you’ve done it… I’m off to market.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #224

Break 18/6 IF

Lunch

Homemade BBQ Pulled Pork (Hickory/Apple Smoke) with two over easy fried eggs. I just love over easy eggs.

This was my last batch of BBQ pork frozen from the July smoke. I have to kick my wife out of the house to visit her sister soon so that I can smoke more. She loves my smoked food but the smoke bothers her a lot.

Had a few green olives and macadamia nuts as well.

(Allie) #225

Getting ahead of myself, this is what I’ve prepped for my work lunch tomorrow.

Four boiled eggs chopped and mixed with chopped raw organic spinach, mixed with mayo, crispy cooked bacon pieces mixed in and added salt and pepper.

I’ll also have one of my own recipe shake creations which this time is olive oil, shelled hemp seeds, cacao powder, vanilla flavoured sugar free flavouring as sweetener, raw organic spinach, half a small avocado, one whole HUGE zucchini (peeled), half scoop of whole egg powder, and water - all zapped together in the nutribullet.

(Running from stupidity) #226

Surely!

Thank you :grin:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #228

Back with my week of snacks!

My blended keto coffee, some chicharron con carne and an admirer. She loves me best…when I’m eating meat!

(Brandy) #229

Tried my hand at sausage gravy & Keto biscuits. It was fine- but as the former Queen of Gravy, my family and I have high expectations, regarding consistency & texture in particular. If there’s one thing I really struggle with, it’s got to be the gravy conversions. Sigh…

On a top note, the yellow pools are butter sliding off of my sunnyside. Yum.

(Ellen) #230

Tuna pancakes??? Interesting.

(Ellen) #231

Is that deep fried pork belly? Looks mighty fine.

(Sophie) #232

Yes, I believe that it is, deep fried I mean. I get it at my local Carniceria and it is mightly fine! :+1:

Where to start today?.. :smile:

Well, came in the house during working in the yard, since I was asked to put together a Fathead Pizza. I’m doing OMAD, so this was the wife and son. But unfortunately, we didn’t have enough Almond Flour left, and didn’t have enough Mozzarella either! So I ended up trying it with first, Coconut Flour, and second, Mexican 3 Cheese, since we had plenty of both. … In the end it wasn’t bad, plus there was enough toppings to help with this. :slight_smile:

Also, the Coconut Flour doesn’t seem to want to smooth out as well either, and I’m guessing this is because it has the tendency to absorb moisture? But it wasn’t too bad

For me, I went back to working in the yard, until some hours later. - I had already decided last night, that I wanted to make something I hadn’t had in many, many years. That would be ungodly-tenderized Chicken Gizzards and Hearts. (Don’t get me wrong, I actually like them fried and chewy, but remembered I used to get them from a place, about 30 years ago!) … There was a small Asian Carry-Out, that sold these extremely tender Gizzards, and would serve them over Fried Rice, with a very tasty gravy. (Though I never ate the Rice, never cared for Rice)

So, put three packs of the Chicken Gizzards and Hearts into the Slow Cooker/Crock Pot at 11:00pm last night, and let it do it’s think until I came in from doing the yard-work this afternoon. So it cooked on low overnight, and it was turned up to medium this morning and cooked until the evening. … Let’s just say, I plan to make these many times again in the future. So will be adding the recipe I did to my recipe thread. But wow, they were tender, and tasty. The gravy came out pretty good as well, but may need to look into it some more for thickening.

Oh, also tried a piece of the Fathead that was made earlier, and had a square of 90% Lindt afterwards.

(Sophie) #234

Friggin Love This Idea!!! Thank You! :+1:

:slight_smile: … I added in some Chicken Broth powder (used 1/2 tbsp. per cup of water) and some other seasonings, and it came out quite nice indeed. Actually heading over to the other thread to type it up. :slight_smile:

Sadly, no such thing where I live. (There’s very little Mexican or Central/South American culture in my city.)

(Heather Meyer) #237

wowza! thats good considering it all used tp be 3net per cookie on the average recipe…
Tellmee your secret…oh wait… dont! I wont stop eating at one!

(Running from stupidity) #238

Throwing up is interesting now? You kids!

Aye, very hydrophilic, it is. We use about 1/3 as much as as “normal flour” as it just eats liquid/fat.

(Candy Lind) #239

Happy Keto Birthday! Congrats on the additional birthdays you will achieve.

C

(Steven Lee Gaber) #240

Yes!

I accidentally bumped into Keto when I happened upon an article about “keto flu” or Atkins flu and realized the symptoms were EXACTLY the same as narcotics withdrawal. So if you kick carbs cold turkey you will be sick. And I was but was worth it as my T2D is in remission and have lost about 25 lbs.