What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Jane) #1890

I never thought of putting a little mayo on my hard boiled eggs like that…:woman_shrugging:. I get great ideas from seeing what others are eating and how they fix things!!

I find them too dry without… and the flavors are a perfect marriage. Kind of like the lazy person’s deviled eggs, you can sprinkle spices or hot sauce on top, too! Quick and easy.

Lunch… Ranch-enhanced Deviled Eggs, 4 Knockwurst, 2 Polish Sauasages, Cottage Cheese, Sharp Cheese, Pepperoni, Dr. Zevia & Iced Tea. Will also eat some Almonds, since this is my OMAD today…

IMG_4645

Today’s meals…

Lunch… Chicken Fritters, along with Scrambled Eggs with Mayo and Mustard
IMG_4665

Dinner… Top Sirloin with Kale with Bacon
IMG_4668

Sausage, smothered in cheese and topped with some double concentrated tomato paste. I have come to prefer it to ketchup.

I need to take my pics on a different counter I think, the lighting here turns things yellow. See how the cutting board is it’s normal color on the left, and yellowish on the right? Same thing happens to food color.

Just plain hamburger with cheese, tomato and onion.

Threw together a lunch… Just chopped up some Ham, Hard Salami, Scallions and Parmesan and baked little breakfast cakes. Came out pretty good. Also a 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt and an Almond Milk.

IMG_4694 IMG_4696

Dinner… Cherry Tomatoes, because well, we have tons! :smile: Also had some Greek Yogurt, and a few slices of London Broil Steal. Also some Iced Tea and some Salt & Vinegar Almonds.

Pot roast and shitake mushrooms in (very potent) broth with Braggs aminos, tomato powder and various herbs and spices. Turned out very satisfying.

I really like using aminos in place of soy sauce. The taste is almost identical, and aminos have so much to give to your body. Coconut or Braggs, it’s all good.

Lunch… Sausage patties (ate half of what’s shown) a slice of the London Broil from last night, Greek Yogurt, Cherry Tomatoes, Salt & Vinegar Almonds, Root Beer Zevia, Almond Milk and Iced Tea.

IMG_4706

(Jane) #1900

I see you have a Microsoft Teams meeting going on :slightly_smiling_face: I spend a good portion of my day in Teams meetings.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1901

That and Cisco webex for me :blush:

Oh, yeah. Most days and some all day long… Either Teams or Zoom, with about 80-85% being Teams. You can’t see it, but on the other monitor, I am translating a Residential Drainage Manual into Spanish.

But when the meeting was over, that monitor went back to playing a YouTube video I was watching on Dragonflies. :slight_smile: Pretty cool too. They say they used to have a wing-span of around 70 centimetres. (27 inches or so) Now that would be cool!

I have a pond and hence a lot of dragonflies in all colors. So beautiful! When I saw the first one after we moved here, I thought someone had lost a piece of jewelry and tried to pick it up. :smiley:

(Jane) #1904

It is definitely dragonfly season here - so many zooming around and it makes me happy because they eat mosquitoes! In fact, the mosquitoes have been much less bothersome in the past week since I started seeing large numbers of dragonflies.

Yeah, at times I get loads of them on my property. I like it when they glide back and forth alongside me, as I cut the grass. It’s like they know I’m stirring up the bugs (Which I do!) and they are there like my little wingmen, tearing them up. :slight_smile: Actually, that’s just where I’m about to head to now. I’m only going to hit the backyard tonight, since it always seems to grow a bit faster than the rest. But temperature has dropped to 97° so it’s at least on the down-swing now. :hot_face:

V threw together a Strip-Steak, Ground Sausage, Peppers and Onions mix together that was quite good. She also made Deviled Eggs and Cauli-Egg Salad.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1906

Spicy Reuben Bowl

Homemade Sauerkraut, Corned Beef, Compté Cheese and KETO 1000 Island Dressing :heart::cowboy_hat_face:

This looks very very good. Even the recipe couldn’t scare me away, I like cooking, after all, I just prefer simple things nowadays. I probably will make it way eggier but it’s me :slight_smile: I will try to original too. not with Canadian bacon, I don’t even have the foggiest idea what that is but I don’t eat exactly bacon anyway.

I rarely do anything this pretty but I had these some days ago. I already put the second one into Fangs’ thread as it’s carnivore and that place needs photos too :slight_smile:

It’s coated fish (I don’t know the proper term) and very very good cold too despite the used, lean and not very tasty fish. I rarely eat fish but it’s easy to buy and I eat more of it now. I have no normal meat at the moment and it may last for many weeks while I really want to go back to carnivore-ish, at least 5-6 days per week. My first big fruit season is almost over but it’s subtle now anyway. We have only plum, gooseberry, summer apple, the last raspberries, mini strawberries and lots of blackberries but only the first and last will be there in a few days. I can try some interesting style of keto (very few carbs from plants but not necessarily close to carnivore) all the time now!

Hot day, cold dinner. Roast beef with sour cream, avocado, mixed Kraut, cucumber. Tall glass of sparkling water with some freshly squeezed lemon. It hit the spot.

Early Lunch… Mainly from having a slight headache… Sausage Patties, Pickles, Smoked Vienna’s, Pickled Sausage, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Deviled Ham, Sardines and an Orange Zevia.

IMG_4711