What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Doug) #1789

Holy ****, that’s really beautiful, David. :star2:

Not generally. - I mean, I don’t wash the insides out before eating each one, so some sure. But generally just scrape most out with a knife, along with the Devil Fingers.

(Jane) #1791

I do, too. I ordered her Keto for Life cookbook (spiral bound so lays flat when using) just to support her and I like cookbooks :slightly_smiling_face:

I just looked at her cookbook, too. I think I’ll order as well, but kindle version (so much easier on my eyes) I like supporting my favorite authors, too. I know a lot of the recipes can be found online, but I buy to show them some love.

2 more days of heatwave to come. Lettuce and avocado salad with some fresh squeezed lemon, Kimchi, strawberries, cold chicken and a dab of sour cream. Not pictured: Hot sauce.

Lunch… Just what I didn’t eat yesterday, plus some Egg-Salad. Orange Zevia and Iced Tea.

IMG_4368

(Jane) #1795

Leftover sous vide pork tenderloin finished in my smoker. Garden beans with bacon and salsa verde and a sauce made from egg, vinegar and bacon grease.

Dinner… Demonico Steak and 6 Brussel Sprouts for an Appetizer. Then 2 Dungeness Crab, with some Snow crabs legs that were loose. Also had another whole Snow Crab afterwards, and saved the other 2 Dungeness for tomorrow. … Took the day off tomorrow to do some work around the house.

Dave. Do you live on the west coast? I ask because of the kind of crab you enjoy.

No Ma’am, actually just the opposite… East Coast. :slight_smile: Southern Maryland to be exact. … But Maryland is known for their Blue Crabs. @beccs can confirm that as well.

My husband loves blue crab. I’m a Midwestern gal, so not familiar. But you sure are lucky to have fresh seafood available.

Well, though I’m pretty much a land dweller myself, I do have water all around me here and quite a few Seafood restaurants as well. … But it is nice to go sit on the waterfront at some of them & eat Seafood.

Lot of Water-folks around here. Most are boaters, and seems everyone has those SALT-LIFE stickers on their vehicles. The rest have Whitetail Deer. :slight_smile: Being MidWestern, I’m sure you see enough Deer.

The hot spell is still on - microwave casserole. Ham, broccoli, jicama, mushrooms, farmer’s cheese and hot sauce. I didn’t really like the jicama in there much, I do like it in brothy soups. It serves well as a potato in a strong broth, but with the more delicate flavors of the casserole, it doesn’t blend in. It was a good casserole though. The hot sauce I like is called “fire ant juice”. I prefer it to all others because I don’t like to taste all that vinegar in hot sauce. I do like and use vinegar in stuff, but not in my hot sauce, I just want it to be hot. The fire ant juice hits the spot for me.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1802

Jicama is a great water chestnuts substitute in stir fry’s. :man_cook:t3:

Yes, it is a good thing for many dishes. It is much like a potato in broth, too. I bought two big jicamas when available, peeled them, parboiled them, portioned them up and froze them. They keep perfectly like that. I have been using them in soups and stews, anything with a robust flavor. Yesterday’s casserole was ham- mellow cheese- broccoli- mushroom based and delicately flavored. They didn’t work as well in that. They taste great fresh, not frozen or cooked, in salads also, kind of a cross between a water chestnut and a crispy apple in that. Overall, I like them.

Working out in the yard today, putting the new Garden Gates together and painting. Came in for a quick meal… 2 Dungeness Crab and some small Sea Scallops. Also a Grape Zevia and Iced Tea.

Rooster thigh and wing. We made this yesterday but I will eat part of the thigh for dinner.
The colors are nice (sunlight helps too… at least it does that… after rainy colder weeks we got summer heat so I avoid going out of the house) but we need to learn roasting chicken better. Even those, it’s nice but the skin isn’t crunchy. But we will learn from a pro soon, my SO’s Mom who is almost my Mom :slight_smile: She cooks meat since ages unlike us.

Meals…

Friday… Made the new Zucchini Boat I wanted to try. Steak & Cheese with Mayo and Fried Onions. This was my OMAD, and it came out pretty good indeed.

Saturday…
Lunch: Fried Eggs, Bacon, Sausage Links and Patties, and a piece of Scrapple.

Dinner… Pork-Rind Fried Chicken and butter sautéed Zucchini & Squash. Along with Zevia Cream Soda and Iced Tea. Also ate about 20 Salt and Vinegar Almonds.

Sunday…
OMAD… Taco Omelette and an Almond Milk. Also ate some more Salt and Vinegar Almonds.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1807

Yes and I absolutely love them :yum:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1808

Went out to dinner Saturday with gf - we got burrata caprese with heirloom tomatoes for an appetizer, and I got branzino with spinach and asparagus for dinner (over a lemon butter sauce). So good!

image image