What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1709

Hello! No pics from me today as I ate all my lunch before 10am :joy::joy:
Just a quick hello from me and nice to be back!

Not a very good photo as it was taken in my kitchen so the lights are harsh. The weather is gloomy anyway. I actually would love not to have rain every day, it’s since weeks, maybe we had 1-2 off days but it’s very rainy and my house has a humidity over 70% again. Oh well.

This is a keto bread variation, kind of. It actually has starches now but little. I try to improve the taste and texture so I always experiment. This far spices worked the best for masking the flavor of gluten. It’s still awfully bouncy (fun first but not like normal bread) despite the drastically reduced fiber content, I simply won’t ever use fiber in it again, probably.
The rolls are very spicy. The dough only contains my fav BBQ spice but the rolls have extra lard mixed with my sausage spice mix. We had only hot red pepper when I mixed it so my rolls are quite spicy :slight_smile: But very good. They are so nicely crunchy… I always preferred the crunchy outside of breads over the soft inside :slight_smile: I only had 4 rolls and I ate them up quickly.

Note: Word is that the server this site is on is having issues. But folks are looking into it

Tuesday night’s dinner… Top Sirloin, Haddock and Broccoli.

IMG_4135

Yesterday’s OMAD… 5 Boiled Eggs, 6 Sausage Patties, Deviled Ham, Pepperoni, Orange Zevia and a Iced Tea. Also had some Almonds.

IMG_4138

Today’s OMAD… Slow cooked Turkey Gizzards (Crock pot all night) Smoked Vienna’s, Pepperoni, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt, Root Beer Zevia and bottle of Tea.

IMG_4150

Pickled mushrooms, raw sauerkraut I picked up at a local road stand, olives and salmon with cream cheese, heavy cream, finely chopped onions and spices. The salmon was super rich, and I figured I’d have half for dinner and half for today’s lunch. I ate the whole thing. I am still totally sated today. It was really tasty, but very, very rich. I’ll do it again, but use it as a chaffle topping to avoid another debauchery.

(Jane) #1713

Looks good! I think I will try that when I get home. I have some homemade cream cheese I made from cow’s milk and chevre culture, so a bit tangier than regular cream cheese. Plus I can use the peas from my garden and oregano I have growing there.

My peas will poop out soon with the hotter weather coming so I will likely put some in the freezer. I never thought about giving them to my chickens but that is a great idea! I have peas from the last 2 years that have some freezer burn so only good added to soups but I’d rather feed them to the chickens.

(Linda ) #1714

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1715

Eggs, sausage, and kale. But I broke the yolk :sob:

(Karen) #1716

Dinner some night or other during the blackouts on our website

(Karen) #1717

Another dinner during website Black out
A bit rare

(Jody) #1718

I’m still here and still losing weight … just been having trouble posting pictures and even accessing the site lately. I am down about 13 pounds since I went back to a “meat heavy” Keto diet in April (about 3 months ago).

Tonight I smoked a brisket in my grill (my first attempt) … It was delicious!

I had about a 15 ounce piece w/ asparagus.

:+1: Well done Jody…

Today’s OMAD… Wife made me some Chicken, Cheese and Broccoli last night so I’d have something to take to work today. I added the Pepperoni I had here at the office, and ate some Pickles & Olives. (1/2 of what’s shown) And since I forgot my Almonds :confounded:, as well as Tea, I had a Grape & Cream Zevia.

IMG_4159

Well, I actually forgot that I had dropped in some Top Sirloin and NY Strips in the Sous Vide at 5am this morning when I got up, so the above post is incorrect and wasn’t OMAD. But TMAD works too. :smile: … I also had to drop off two more Cheese Cakes to the Seafood Store that orders them from me today after work, so I picked up a couple pounds of Large Shrimp while I was there. (Also told them I would stop by tomorrow to pick up 1/2 Bushel of Blue Crabs, so she’s holding some for me) They are already booked up for Crab orders for the weekend, but they’ve also been getting Cheese Cakes from me the past few weeks and even ordered some more for next week as well.

Also gave half of the Top Sirloin and quite a bit of Shrimp to the Girls. They love both. :dog: :dog:

(Jane) #1722

Filet Mignon

I’ve taken a few pictures of meals that I was unable to post during the site being down, so I’ll post a few random dishes.

The pizza was a new crust recipe for me. It was a fathead style and tasted pretty good. It was nice and sturdy. Always working towards using up leftovers in the fridge this one was a cheese burger style with onions, pickles, mozzarella and habanero cheese. The crown jewel was the tomato bacon jam used from this website.

DH found a recipe in the local paper for a salmon recipe he wanted to try: Seared salmon with citrus asparagus stir-fry. It was already pretty keto friendly ingredients-wise.

Lastly, a strawberry shortcake that I thoroughly enjoyed. EED68152-087F-4A78-AEC9-1030CDF670FB 1C5E0E59-52A2-4ABD-AE93-39C38B6F9611 64C475C3-03BD-433B-9897-A39081E169BC

OMAD: Leftover salmon, cocktail shrimp, avocado and strawberries. Some Mayo not pictured. Nice flavor combo, and, yay, 103 pounds lost now.

That’s awesome, Velvet. Congratulations on the weight loss. Very impressive.

Well done :+1:

Pulled a load of Zucchini and Yellow Squash from the Garden early this morning, so I thought about making some up… But then I had forgot I had already planned to pick up some Blue Crabs today. So stopped by and got a 1/2 Bushel. I ended up eating a Dozen of them for lunch…

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1728

@velvet congrats on your weight loss, that’s awesome!

Filet and kale for “linner” as I like to call it :joy: the steak was still bleeding, just the way I like it :crazy_face: