What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

OMAD
Salmon salad: Salmon with finely chopped onion, pickles and mayo, some tomatoes, olives and radish on 3 lettuce leaves.

(Jane) #1690

Fish topped with mayo, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and fresh garden basil and broiled. Best cauli mash I’ve made so far.

(Jane) #1691

Love my new mini processor to make mayo. Added a bit of dijon mustard for flavor. I also used it for the cauli mash and it made it very creamy.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1692

Ground brisket burger w cheese and sautéed kale

Yesterday’s meals…

Lunch… Made a Taco Omelette and added some Sausage patties when they were done.

IMG_4072 IMG_4073

Dinner… Hamburger with Cheese and Tomato, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt and Cauliflower.

IMG_4088 IMG_4090

Chicken liver, marinated in sweet cream and wrapped in bacon (I’m getting to be a real fan of cream marinated liver of all types wrapped in bacon) and some roasted cauliflower and green pepper.

All sounds delicious, thanks for explaining. Cream cheese is readily available in my area so I tend to prefer using that, instead of mozzarella cheese, for example, when a cheese is used in the recipe (mostly chaffle recipes). I’ve yet to try some of the recipes for pancakes that are used in sweeter versions for dessert toppings. I like savory for first meal of the day.

(Neil) #1696

Continuing the Persian theme… Khoresh Bademjan: eggplant stew with chicken:

For dessert, a matcha mug cake recipe that I found on Nom Nom Paleo. Tasty!

Hi Dave @David_Stilley had a chance to make the Zucchini coconut cake yesterday and wanted to report it was a success! Very moist. It will be so nice to have a winner to return to again when I want to make a sure winner!

I have a question and hoping you are someone else has insight. I already had a zucchini in my crisper (have not used zucchini much in any cooking…just lack of opportunity following previous recipes), and I’ve never baked with zucchini. The one in my crisper was from a pair that I’d recently bought. I used the first one in a turkey burger recipe calling for grated zucchini. I used a tool similar to a vegetable peeler, but it cut more in strips similar to matchsticks. While eat the burger I felt the zucchini was too chunky. Anyway, I didn’t want the same experience with the cake. I knew also I needed another zucchini because the cake recipe needed 4 cups so I picked up another zucchini from the market. This time I used my food processor With the grating disc, and the texture was completely different. The zucchini was thinner and more translucent. So I thought the food processor was the reason until I used the smaller original zucchini that was from my crisper. It grated up like matchsticks. Whew…lots more detail than maybe you wanted to read. I’m assuming there are different varieties to zucchini? How does a person know the best type to use in recipes, as opposed to just grilling?CF0031DD-9D4A-4F7B-9F7B-1696A190AFA9

This was one of those meals that I kept thinking about long after it was finished. Sooooo goood. https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/peruvian-roasted-chicken-green-sauce-low-carb/#tasty-recipes-16699

The flavor hit every mark for me. I made sure that with each bite of chicken I had some of the onion along with it. Highly recommend!

77EF8484-93FB-49B2-9F5A-B28F8AB14B01

(Jane) #1699

I love her recipes and this one looks delicious. I picked my first jalapeno from the garden yesterday so I may just use it in the recipe when I get back from my business trip. My cilantro is starting to bolt so may have to pick some up at the grocery.

Yesterday’s meals…

Lunch… 2 Dungeness and 2 Snow Crabs and some Pepperoni. Cream Soda Zevia and Tea.

IMG_4097

Dinner… Just a couple plates of Zucchini Pizza Mini’s. Some fresh Zucchini from the Garden.

IMG_4123 IMG_4124

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1701

Jalapeño Poppers

Free BBQ…Pulled Pork, Tri Tip and bad stuff I ate anyway. A BBQ Joint is opening 100 yards from my house next Saturday and gave free samples out last Saturday.

blew out the carbs :confused::joy::joy::yum:

Sichuan Chinese Stir Fry

Chicken Thigh, Bok Choy, and Mushrooms with Ginger, Garlic. Dried whole Chilies and Chili Paste. Soy Sauce and Shaoxing Wine. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Mame) #1702

I never make mayo without dijon!!

[quote=“primal.peanut, post:1696, topic:99792”]
Continuing the Persian theme
[/quote] Neil, you are the reason I made my lamb shanks last week morrocan? persian? with preserved lemons, cinnamon, cardamon… and so forth. :smile:

Well, this pic is not only bad quality but also boring. The flavor was anything but though. Ground beef mixed with one egg, some sweet cream, fresh parsley and finely chopped onion, tomato paste, coconut aminos and a small amount of crushed pork skins. Made into patties and baked slowly while sitting on a little bacon. Topped with Farmer’s cheese. It doesn’t look like much, but it sure tasted good.

(Jane) #1704

Made the pastrami from the recipe @NelleG posted. Had to leave for a business trip so my husband cooked and sent me a pic and said it was delicious!

It called for brisket but I almost fainted at the +$50 price tag for one at the grocery. I found a cheap roast in the mark-down bin since it was my first time to make this. Can’t wait to try it when I get home on Friday.

Somewhat of a Canned Lunch… Smoked Vienna’s, Pepperoni, Deviled Ham and Sardines. …Tea

IMG_4133

(Allie) #1706

Made this last night for lunch today at work, ended up eating half of it last night :joy:

Just started cooking ground beef with no idea what was planned. Ended up adding salt and pepper, draining the excess fat off then adding and heating a tub of cream cheese that needed using up, some wild Mediterranean oregano, and a few of the frozen peas I had out of the freezer ready to add to the feed I was mixing up for my chickens. Worked really well, definitely one to repeat.

Yesterday I had some plain hot dogs in the afternoon, and Salmon with roasted walnuts and avocado with a dab of Mayo for dinner. I love roasted, buttery walnuts!

Is it just me or is there only a short window every day around 6 am pacific time when the board is up? It seems to be down for me all the time other than that, and there are a lot of people’s posts that are missing here.

(Allie) #1708

Not just you no.