What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Jane) #1669

Tried chicken alfredo and mushrooms with the shredded cabbage like I do with marinara and ground meat. Was good also! And peas from my garden with butter.

Here are a couple of photos from 2 different days. The first was baked orange roughy with butter/olive oil and a few capers and sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. And every once in a while I’ll bake 1 potato and split it with DH. The White wine cheese sauce is leftover from another dish.

The second photo was last night’s dinner: turkey veggie burger from the ATK book. The Ground turkey was mixed with grated zucchini and carrots, and Parmesan cheese. Overall flavor was really tasty with the recommended toppings. (I added tomato to it after the photo.) The sauce was almost like a tzatziki but without cucumbers. DH made the Caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes. Yum. 6D370C20-F24F-48CA-B832-DA197B7C8537 200FE5D8-78E6-4674-B782-DE2D75EE93C6

I sense some similarities between us. I don’t crave the baked goods but I really love to bake/cook. It’s a creative process for me. But you sound a bit more creative than me. I just follow recipes when it comes to baking. I sure wish I could solve the mystery why my baked goods using almond flour end up tasting on the drier side. I never have that problem with wheat flour. I guess I’ll deliberately under bake something to see if that helps.

Yesterday’s OMAD: Salmon in butter and lemon juice, roasted radishes, broccoli and tomatoes. Delicious!

I never use almond flour, horribly expensive and nothing special. I need to make my own recipes as I have these blacklists (NO added fat is another rule for almost everything, it’s lifted for the chocolate part ;))… And my priorities change all the time…
I went low-carb about 9 years ago with very many personal rules, I had to cook for myself and things just get stricter… But I always loved cooking. I couldn’t bake cakes for decades. I still can’t make carby cakes. I can bake bread and gingerbread, those are carby but my sweets are typically very low-carb. Not so much if I use a lot of sweet fruit…
And I spent YEARS on pancakes. I sooooo wanted them, couldn’t get them out of my head :smiley: It never changed, I still eat them very often. Almost every day lately. Now I have near perfect pancake recipes and near perfect is satisfying enough to me.

Some food I will eat for dinner… It’s rare that I have so many stuff made in my beloved muffin mold! :smiley:
The rustic one with the apparent sesame seeds is the cheesy low-carb sesame seed muffin (with some potato flour, by the way but it’s not me who ate 8 pieces for breakfast yesterday, it’s not mine, I just taste it. it’s very good).
The deflated not so handsome thing in the back is cheesy whipped egg white, very low calorie but nice and I need to do something with my zillion leftover egg whites. It’s nothing special but nice, I make it every week since several months.
And there is a piece of sponge cake on the left.

muffins

(Troy) #1674

Yesterday’s Meal
Chile verde and eggs

I forgot to add: I reached my much coveted 100 pound loss this morning! Not sure yet how I will celebrate tonight, but I think some vodka will be involved.

(Susan) #1676

Congratssss Velvet, that is terrific =).

It all sounds interesting and lovely. I am happiest when I’m playing in the kitchen and it sounds like you are, too. Have you posted your pancake recipe? If not, would you mind sharing? I’ve made a really tasty blueberry syrup that’s just waiting for some good ‘cakes.

PS I have a zillion egg yokes to use!

Awesome!! Very happy for you!!

Today’s OMAD… Mayo-Seared Top Sirloin, Butter Fried Mushrooms, Zevia Cream Soda, Iced Tea and a few Almonds. (Have I mentioned the Wife doesn’t know what small even means anymore? :smile: But no, I didn’t eat it all. (Not because I was full though) I actually saved almost half for tomorrow morning to have with some Fried Eggs. Plus I have more Cheese Cakes to make tonight to fill orders. Dropped off the Apple and Cherry ones I did last night, and need one more Cherry and one Plain made tonight.

Already have an orders for some next weekend too…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1680

@Athena61Have you experimented with coconut flour? This is a favorite and I play with the ingredients some like using butter, adding instant coffee, nuts, chocolate chips or whatever. :cowboy_hat_face:

https://lowcarbyum.com/best-low-carb-chocolate-cake-recipe/

(Bacon for the Win) #1681

everyone’s plates are so pretty! Then there’s this:
Coconut Shrimp

I had to peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp. By the time it was done cooking I could not have cared less about plating it. And I’m fasting. This is for husband tonight and I’ll have it tomorrow.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1682

Enchilada Casserole

Chicken Thigh Meat, Homemade 4 Chili Enchilada Sauce, Colby Jack and Pickled Jalapeños. I slopped some Sour Cream on top. :yum:

this was a couple days ago, I had some of the leftovers mixed with scrambled eggs for breakfast today :cowboy_hat_face:

Dave, I’ve used coconut flour occasionally, and it seems I’ve only used it in combination with almond flour. I have almost everything here to make that cake So I think I’ll try tomorrow. I’ll have to substitute stevia powder concentrate. I only have liquid concentrate and glycerite. I bet the addition of zucchini will also add moisture to the cake which I think my DH will like. Thank you very much for helping me to troubleshoot this.

Recipe writers and people who have tried recipes using almond flour remark on how moist their baked goods so it’s perplexing. I’m a pretty experienced baker. I’ve also considered maybe it’s the brand of almond flour I use (Costco-Kirkland brand).
Again, thank you very much for your help. I’ll report back after I’ve made it.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1684

Pork Rind Nachos

What to have when you don’t want to cook. My kind of KETO junk food! :wink::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

Celebration OMAD: Shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp with butter and lemon. I pop peeled and deveined shrimp into a 400 degree oven until they curl. They develop a very nutty scent and taste. Much enjoyed.

Yesterday’s meals… Had the rest of my last night’s Steak with Fried Eggs in the morning, plus some Bacon added in, a Zevia Cream Soda and Tea.

Dinner was some Dungeness Crab and Snow Crab. - Son didn’t want Crabs (Not sure what’s wrong with him?) :confused: So I made him a couple Omelette Pizza’s, and the Wife and I split one as well.

It’s very simple. 2 eggs, 1 hard-boiled egg yolk (it is my flour :smiley: optional but better with it), 20g sour cream, mixed well. I use 6g fat to fry it and I get 3 thin pancakes… Not good for thick ones.
It’s a soft one, even more without the hard-boiled yolk, 1-2g fiber or something may solve that. I tried a bit gelatin, it wasn’t enough and I don’t want to use much, I am fine with my pancakes being a bit softer.
I saw similar recipes (without the extra yolk, I got that from a very old recipe book where it was used instead of flour for people with diabetes) with cream cheese but I never ever found that item even in hipermarkets (there must be somewhere, I just couldn’t find it) and why bother? I am a sour cream fan and every tiny village shoup has it galore for a good price, at least here, Hungarian cuisine uses it a lot.

For thick pancakes, probably more fiber or some other flour type thing should be used, protein powder or oily seed flour? There are recipes on the Net, I needed thin, tasty carnivore ones without fancy items so I made my own recipe :slight_smile:

What I would need are more pancake fillings… Savory ones. As I could eat zillion sweet pancakes but definitely more that what I am willing to make… So I don’t need ideas for that and they aren’t even carnivore.
I can use cheese, sour cream and dill, I skip the one with the dairy that has no proper English name… And of course, almost everything can go inside a pancake, stew or fish or whatever we have… But I still don’t have a really good variety to discourage me from dessert type ones (sweet would be an exaggeration when I use only cocoa powder and zero sweetener is involved, for example) all the time…

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1688

Gf and I had our first outside dining experience since quarantine last night. We decided we wanted crabs. Got a dozen med/lg male (Atlantic blue crabs, we’re in Baltimore hon :wink:). Also had some wings with old bay hot sauce. Delicious! And since her cousin’s fiancée owns this particular restaurant and her cousin just so happened to be there, she sent us over 2 slices of chocolate cake on the house. Can I tell you how hard it was not to dig into that thing? :joy: it’s ok though, a treat for my daughter later :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: