What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Candy Lind) #1609

You can make cheese crisps out of any kind of full-fat cheese. Some people prefer to use sliced cheese. This started out as finely shredded extra sharp cheddar. I nuked it for 1.5 minutes. Time depends on how much you’re nuking & whether shredded or not. I’m sure there’s a thread under the food category for cheese crisps.

Today’s OMAD… Ate some more Dungeness and Snow Crab while waiting for the Chicken the Wife made today. Chicken Breast stuffed with Ham and Cheese, then wrapped with Bacon. Alfredo Sauce

Thank you!

(Karen) #1612

Is this lunch? No it’s not it’s breakfast. I was fasting yesterday and this is all I could think about.

I blame pickle Dave

(Allie) #1613

The usual :joy:

I only do IF 16(18):8, but I caved early today with one of my homemade Keto protein bars. Your meal looks similar to what I’m about to have: leftover sausage and roasted veggies. And definitely a pickle or 2.

Stopped working around the house to grab a quick lunch… Had some Deviled Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Sausage Patties, bottle of Almond Milk and a Zevia Cream Soda. (Saved 3 patties for later tonight) - The Girls ‘Pups’ got Scrambled Eggs & Top Sirloin for lunch. Dropped 2 Top Sirloins in the Sous Vide at 7am. They will have the other one sometime tomorrow, since they got scrambled eggs with one.

The Pups 5 hour Sous Vide Top Sirloin, cut up in their eggs…

I have been super hungry the last few days, and ate too much. So, yesterday I started carnivore, will do this for a few days. It always calms my hunger. Yesterday at lunch I had two hot dogs and 3 easy over duck eggs. Very filling. In the picture is dinner, 2 smoked pork and cheese sausages, 2 easy over chickeneggs (one broke) and some bacon. Wasn’t hungry yesterday, didn’t wake up hungry. I don’t know why, but going carnivore always cuts my hungry phases short.

(Karen) #1617

Burned my hamburgers. No picture. Flavor was good but kind of crunchy. Sad face

(Bacon for the Win) #1618

I didn’t make this, but broke my fast at 42.5 hours with it. Typical New England summer meal, steamers and lobster salad. Used all the butter and then some.

(Karen) #1619

Mmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmm!

Sorry about that. That was disappointing, I’m sure.

I liked tonight’s dinner of Pizza Chaffles (much better than last’s night Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Chicken). I made them with some fresh mozzarella, Rao marinara, pepperoni, and basil from my garden. Easy peasy, too. ED461345-1DD3-4BE3-B3A4-C0B7C203C609

second day of carnivore - no hunger. Two soft boiled eggs for lunch, A scrumptious, slow roasted pork chop and bacon wrapped, sweet cream marinated chicken livers for dinner. I enjoyed it.

(Bacon for the Win) #1623

Keto Big Mac Salad (lots of different recipes online). I did all the prep yesterday to eat at work today. It’s time.
image image image image

Working out in the yard since very early this morning, came in for a quick bite since I didn’t eat last night. Was in the garden til dark putting up some new rabbit fencing, cutting the grass, etc. Going to finish up the rest of the rabbit fencing today hopefully, but it might be another OMAD today as well? … Had some Bacon, Eggs, Sausage, Venison and a Root Beer Zevia and a bottle of Almond Milk.

I always enjoy that salad, too. I think it’s because of the pickles. I just love pickles. This is the recipe I always use: https://twosleevers.com/big-mac-salad/

My first meal of the day was a biggie: Bacon, mushroom, spinach, and cheddar frittata. Pecan cinnamon toast with butter and keto strawberry preserves, and my homemade instant pot yogurt made with organic grass fed milk, fresh raspberries, and keto granola. Should hold me till dinner!AC24A783-FEAA-4FE9-9B08-5E5E3F78C63A FDABE08E-C55B-4800-B63D-06CD8BA0C4D0

Perfect ‘jammy’ eggs

(Jody) #1628

I didn’t take a picture, but today was something a little different.

I cooked 1lb of grass fed / finished 85/15 ground beef in a skillet. I moved the meat out cooked some fresh mushrooms in the grease that was left over. I then removed the mushrooms and cooked 4 duck eggs (from local yard raised ducks) in the grease that was still left. Added some shredded cheese and mixed all together (meat, mushrooms, duck eggs, cheese) into a single bowl meal. REALLY good.