What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Keto Koala 🐨) #141

It warms for heart and soul that you have, rescue girls. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I come from the country and we had a farm but one where they were all just pets and our friends. No killing at all. We had about 7 chickens and they were the happiest little ladies. I had raised two from hatchlings and I was their mom. It’s great seeing them head outside at first light to go and scratch around and have their little adventures. But sometimes they were a little “Too” adventurous and we would come home to find some of them perched on the sofa.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::joy::joy::chicken::rooster:

(Allie) #142

I know what that’s like as I have two that keep letting themselves in through the cat flap :joy:

(Jane) #143

Tuna and egg salad

(What else is there to talk about?) #144

We were lucky to also find lobster mushrooms as well. Do chanterelles typically grow close to Porcini mushrooms?

Wow, that’s a huuuge chanterelle! :slight_smile:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #146

Hahaha it’s hillarious. Once I spent the night in the chook pen when I was 10. Well, I attempted to any way. I think I gave up after a few hours. :crazy_face::joy::rooster:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #147

If I was ever feeling down as a child I would hide in the henhouse. I found it the most calming, gentle place there was to make myself feel better.

Speaking of needing to feel better, we’ve just had pork belly washed down with really sh**e whisky. We’re out of single malt. And it’s been that kind of day. Pork was great, though!

In more chipper and positive news, Mr S kindly cut my hair this morning, with his beard trimmer! I am NOT going to return the favour, because it would NOT be pretty! :rofl:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #148

Yeah Chicken houses are great. Ive also slept in a pig pen with my two Sows. And in my goat pen with my crazy Daughter Goat. But she peed all over my sleeping bag.:scream::joy:. I don’t drink Whiskey. 1. Cos my stomach can’t take booze anymore 2. Cos I’m a wimp and hate the taste.:joy:. And your hair looks great, truly it does. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #149

Thanks! Bit more ‘Frank’ than ‘fluffy’, eh?! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It was driving me mad, so I got him to buzz it this morning. He’s done it before so I was fairly relaxed about it - and I reckon he’ll be getting more practice as isolation continues!

Back to the hens - they’re so calming. Used to have some great conversations with them! I had the most incredible childhood growing up around hens, geese, ducks, pigs, goats and sheep. I miss them!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #150

Omg me too!!! Ok, we had Dogs, cats, goldfish, birds, guinea pigs, a guinea fowl, a rooster and hens, goats, piggies, horses, cows, I think that’s it.:joy::joy:. I got a baby goat for my 8th birthday. I bottle fed her and Also my baby pig, my brother had one too. Bottle fed them too and the calves. They would follow me everywhere. My goat just loved me and mum would walk in and find me asleep on the couch and my goat had jumped onto me lap and fallen asleep.:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Awwwww. I love Animals. They are the purest souls. :heart::heart:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #151

@KetoSnaps I like your hair a lot Rebecca, I think it looks great. I’ve been thinking about cutting my hair like that for a long time but I never do it! :roll_eyes::cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #152

Awww, thanks! But your hair and beard are rock-star amazing, David!

I first shaved the back a couple of years ago when I was doing a crazy lot of exercise - it was a convenience thing, I guess. Then last year in a moment of madness I started having the sides done too - and I love it! I’ve never been girly, and the hair in recent years has sometimes led to some - erm - confusion (like ‘how can I help you Sir… I mean Madam…’) - I’m very tall as well as having very masculine hair - it doesn’t help!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #153

@KetoSnaps I wouldn’t make that mistake, your face looks feminine and cute. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #154

:hugs:

They grow in the same areas, but where there are clearings in the woods, often where the first grass starts covering the soil under big trees…Look for yellow or orange dots in grass…this was in the alps.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #156

@Digital_Dave Where I live Chanterelles grow in oak and madrone forested areas. :cowboy_hat_face:

I wish they would in my area, I have oak and madrone in a section of old forest on my property, but no such luck.

(Brandy) #158

You’re rocking that undercut!

(What else is there to talk about?) #159

Thank you,I will look out for them!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #160

Your hair :heart_eyes: