What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Allie) #121

Shame you’re not closer as I would happily give you some :heart: They’re laying between six and nine each day so I know I have food no matter what, as long as I keep them fed.

('Jackie P') #122

Thats amazing!! A sign of true love and devotion!
How many hens do you have now?

(Allie) #123

Eleven at the moment, a real mixture but they’re all rescues and all happy. Lost three in the last couple of months but gained five :joy:

('Jackie P') #124

Aww, I always find it so heartwarming :heart_eyes:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #125

:trophy::trophy::trophy:

('Jackie P') #126

Well if you lot are doing breakfast, so am I!

Warm BLT with mustard … and no lettuce :yum:

(What else is there to talk about?) #127

Your Chaffles always look so perfect!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Yes, I am growing fond of sour cream and hot sauce. It’s all good!

('Jackie P') #129

:blush:thank you

Chicken soup! Chicken stock was nice and jelled when cool. The soup contains a lot of left over chicken, broccoli, and half of a cap of a small Porcini mushroom. I found some frozen porcinis - something we used to pick in the Austrian Alps when I was a kid. My favorite flavor, and just a little bit of one mushroom will flavor any soups or sauces or whatnot. I love, love , love that flavor, very umami and I enjoyed this soup thoroughly. Hadn’t tasted Porcini in decades.

BBQ again, my husband loves it, it’s sunny…why the heck not! :slight_smile: meat sweats, here we come!

Saturday is bone broth day… I remove the bone marrow just as the bones come out of the oven, pre IP, add broth when cooked, some bone-broth osso buco meat and a dropped egg :slight_smile:

(Jane) #132

Decided to make a Ham on Chaffle and the wife threw in some breakfast meats, so had some Links, 2 slices of Scrapple and a couple Fried Eggs…

(Candy Lind) #134

Open-faced sausage-bacon chafflewich and hot BPC with cocoa. It’s 45 degrees (7C) and wet here, so I needed something hot!

(Candy Lind) #135

I’d love to find an egg rack like those!!

(Susan) #136

This is lovely, Allie. I am sure they are eleven of the very happiest hens on earth!

(Allie) #137

I think they’re called egg spirals, or sometimes egg skelters. These are both from amazon x

(What else is there to talk about?) #138

I foraged for porcini mushrooms for the first time last year. The flavour is amazing! Can’t wait to go again this year!

We picked porcinis and chanterelles. Both are just wonderful. Unfortunately a rare find in stores in the US. There are morels and puffballs to be found where I live - but nothing is as flavorful as porcinis or has as delightful a texture as chanterelles.

(Brandy) #140

I decided to start keeping a spa style dispenser of lemon water on my counter that I replenish each day in an attempt to keep my hydration levels up. It’s really working! Yesterday I easily drank all my water and today it’s only 10:30 in the morning and I’ve already downed 32 ounces or so.

I made some homemade plain Greek yogurt in my Instant Pot with a half gallon of grass fed milk and a cup of no additive raw heavy cream. After a 15 hour incubation, I strained it in cheesecloth for another 6 hours. Even with the higher cost of the quality ingredients I used, I yielded double the amount of yogurt I could have purchased in the store for the same price. I’ve paired it with Carrie Brown’s lemon curd as a mix-in in the photo. The recipe tastes great as written but I use all butter and Allulose, as a personal preference.

The smoked ribs and ketofied coleslaw were delicious as always, but it’s that mash casserole that stole the show. Cauliflower mash mixed with crumbled bacon, cream cheese, a little shredded cheddar and chives, then baked in the oven. The trick was to boil and blend the cauliflower, then strain it through cheesecloth for a couple of hours to remove ALL the water. It took some time but I’m sheltering in place over here. Time I’ve got.