What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1487

In support of local restaurants during this crisis - “Chesapeake” cheesesteak in a bowl (streak, crab dip, cheddar, and fried onions). Not the best pic, but it was absolutely delicious

Lunch… Turkey breast, Pulled Pork, Cheese, Pepperoni, 2 Pickled Sausages and a Grape Zevia.

IMG_3736

(Candy Lind) #1489

I wish I’d cooked a turkey before Wayne & I headed out! We both love it. First on the agenda when we get home - turkey for July 4th! :heart_eyes:

(Jody) #1490

didn’t mean for that to sound belittling … that was just MY thought process. I would 100% re-order from Amazon :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong with that! :+1: Wife cooked the Turkey Breast on the Rotisserie while I worked the garden.

No worries, just figured to check with ya to be sure. We also weren’t sure how long they might be sitting on the shelves either, since stores get there’s quite often I’m sure there’s don’t sit too long. But everything has a shelf life. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1492

Four Egg Omelette

I made a flavored Cream Cheese filling a couple of days ago with Bacon and Pickled Jalapeños, with some Avocado and Skellig Cheddar in the Omelette too.

I almost forgot the photo! :joy::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Jane) #1493

:laughing:

(Jane) #1494

Spaghetti with ground beef, onion, Rao’s marinara, mozzarella cheese and angel hair cabbage for the “noodles”. Delicious and unlike regular pasta spaghetti it all cooks in one skillet

Sorry no pics. But tonight’s OMAD consisted of the following:
2 grass fed beef patties
2 Hebrew National Beef hot dogs
8 strips of uncured zero-carb turkey bacon cooked in tallow. (Had to supplement with coconut oil as the tallow was running low.)
3 poached eggs
Lots of salt.
Electrolyte water.

I know that sounds like a large meal, but I am OMAD with a funky schedule. I won’t have any food until after I get home tomorrow at 10pm. So, I went into grizzly bear mode and enjoyed every bit of it! =)

Nope… sounds like a proper OMAD to me, not too large at all. You should see some of my OMAD’s. :smile: … It’s why I tell people my OMAD’s mean (One Massive Ass Dinner). :+1:

Dinner… 2 nice hunks of Meat Casserole the Wife made. One was with Ground Beef, Broccoli, Cheese and Rao’s Sauce. The other was Ground Beef, Squash, Scallions, Mushrooms, Cheese & Rao’s Sauce.

Looks very tasty and delicious. Did you grate or chop the cabbage into thin “noodles”? This is going on the short list :heart:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1499

Beef and Bok Choy :shallow_pan_of_food:

Sousvide Top Sirloin, Baby Choy, Mushrooms, Ginger, Scallions and Oyster Sauce.

we don need no stinkin rice! :joy::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Jane) #1500

Nope. Lazy and bought pre-shredded at Walmart

This dish earns the “lazy keto badge”. Saute some onions in leftover bacon grease from breakfast, brown some hamburger, add half a jar of Rao sauce, throw in shredded cabbage until wilted, top with some grated mozzarella and Parmesan. 15 minutes tops. One skillet to wash plus the plate and fork.

(Vic) #1501

Oh man I need to get into some Keto asian dishes beef and shrimp stuf

that baby choy mushrooms and scallions look soo amazing right now

Thanks a bunch. I’ve never seen that style of cabbage before. Really appreciate you taking the time to write it down for me!

(Ron) #1503

If you just eat it right from the skillet you cut wash time almost in half. :+1::rofl:

(Paulene ) #1504

Same. I’ve tried a few sweets with sugar alcohols (xylitol and erythritol) but find the after taste off-putting… Funnily enough, I dont get the aftertaste with the chemical sweeteners in diet jelly., but apparently they are really not good for you. I have sweets so seldom that I’m thinking of either just having the bad artificial sweeteners or the bad sugar.

I hear you on just giving up and having the bad sugar, but I really love to bake so I keep trying to figure it out. I keep thinking I haven’t found the right brand of Erythritol, or right combination of sweeteners, or other types of sweeteners which can upset my digestion.

I am reading a new cookbook from America’s Test Kitchen: Easy Everyday Keto and they mentioned Monk fruit in combination with Erythritol causes that cooling sensation for some people (Lakanto brand). I buy that brand from Costco because it’s cheaper for a bigger package. Yesterday I made blueberry muffins from that book using just pure Erythritol and did not detect any cooling sensation at all. But, perhaps I’m just getting used to it. Who knows…I just know I “need” to bake.

(Jane) #1506

Good point!
:laughing: