What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1467

That’s right! I think I’ve seen it called that here from time to time! :blush:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1468

Yummy cheese, tomato and chorizo omelette for dinner.
Omg ive been snacky today! I literally haven’t stopped eating since I woke up this morning! :joy:
Some days be like that!

That sounds amazing, and well worth it if it did indeed have some sugar in it. I don’t like having to eat carby things due to some unavoidable situations and find that they are NOT worthy of having.

It sounds like you are on a road trip? I can’t wait to go on one again!!

Mmmm…brunch had a crown jewel in the dish: avocado salsa. OMG, it was so good. 40CBD59B-39F4-4880-87D5-B52B60E8F524 7CE99572-86AD-4E08-BA94-F05115AF1D22

Scrambled eggs with avocado salsa, homemade keto bread with keto blueberry jam.

Worked in the garden 4pm til dark… Wife brought me out Dinner shortly after 6pm. - Turkey breast she cooked on the Rotisserie, along with Pickles, Olives, Cheese, Pepperoni, Mayo and a Root Beer Zevia.

(Vic) #1472

Ohh, I was just feeling like a root beer over the last week or so, I didn’t know there was a good type

Going to order amazon don’t think they have this locally anywhere

Think you will like them, they are pretty good. Also think Root Beer is one of their more popular flavors too. (seems to run out quite quickly) - You might like some of the other flavors, such as Cream Soda, Black Cherry, Grape, Orange, etc. … Though I have a Food Lion near me that carries them regularly, my Wife has looked at purchasing some off Amazon as well. (Grape is her Favorite) They don’t always have many to choose from and they seem to go quickly too.

(Vic) #1474

Awesome I do have a food lion here I just never been, I will check that out too would like to try the cream soda, I do have the rot beer coming from amazon on the 2nd

I’ve been to a couple Food Lions and they seem to carry them at all their stores. I’ve also found them at Giant Food and a place we have here named McKay’s, but both of these charge around $6.50 for a Six-Pack, where Food Lion has them for $4.99. (Never seen them on sale though?) … And yeah, Cream Soda is another one that I like. I don’t drink them every day, but when I do, I just do one with a meal. - If you do drink them out of the can, you would probably never know they are all actually clear in color, I believe @Jody22 has mentioned that as well. But the flavors are nice for a change from time to time.

(Jody) #1476

Clear and many are caffeine free. That may not matter to most, but I gave up caffeine about 8 months ago. All their flavors are clear because they don’t add any artificial coloring. I ordered my last round of Root Beer from Amazon (as our local Rouse’s was out). I also get them from Whole Foods. I have tried almost every flavor and the only one I do NOT like is the strawberry.

(Cathy) #1477

Thank you for sharing this recipe! I am sure I will love it and it is on the menu for lunch today. I think I will have it on l/c tacos.

(Jane) #1478

I actually pretty much stopped doing Caffeine way back, probably 20+/- years ago? I’ve always drank Decaf for both Tea and Coffee, and try not to drink any caffeinated drinks. No real reason other than I didn’t think it was needed… The wife also wanted me to ask you if your Zevia’s that you ordered from Amazon were flat by chance? It was one of the things we discussed the other night, since packages from Amazon sometimes come quite banged up so we were wondering about it. But I also thought it might be harder to bang up cases of drinks, being they have a good weight to them.

You know that little guy could use some eyes with that smile. :smile: Couple Olives would do.

(Jody) #1481

same here. I gave up caffeine because I just didn’t feel it was needed. I was a big drinker of [Sugar-free] BANG / MONSTER and just decided I didn’t need that.

The case I ordered from Amazon are NOT flat and are just as good as the ones from the store. My thought was that the sodas are shipped to stores, so they shouldn’t be much worse coming to my house. lol. I got a 24 pack and it was 4 x 6-packs in a cardboard “tray” that had a thick shrink wrap holding it all together. That was then packaged in an Amazon box. If it helps, I would 100% order them from Amazon.

Thanks, and good to know. But I thought the same about them being delivered to stores, but being they would be shipping with other packages for just about anything, thought to ask. :+1:

They even have the variety cases for those who might want to try out a lot of the flavors available.

(Karen) #1483

Looks like a Happy Meal

I found this recipe for Eggplant Parmesan (no breading) from the Serious Eats website. I’ve followed them for a long time and their recipes are usually spot on. I fried the eggplant in avocado oil, which is generally too expensive use in this quantity, but I’d gotten a big new bottle at Costco so i went for it. I used fresh mozzarella that I’d also bought in bulk at Costco. There was a lot of juices in the bottom of the pan which was just more yumminess as far as I was concerned. Oh, and I used Rao’s marinara instead of tomato sauce. Really looking forward to the leftovers.

44170AD2-73F4-4606-B54A-3F8A0FE7E52B

(Vic) #1485

This is really cool going to try this next week

From what I understand using young early season eggplant is key to avoid having bitter tasting eggplant, hence no brining with salt is necessary in this version. I’ve never been a fan of eggplant prior to this because I tasted it ‘one time’ and it was bitter, so I swore off eggplant. Now I’m a convert. Some reviewers swear by baking the eggplant instead of frying it, but I stuck to the recipe because of the recipe writer has high credibility as far as I’m concerned. Glad to hear you are interested in giving it a try.