What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Candy Lind) #1447

I bought sodium citrate a while back and just forgot about it. You’ve inspired me to get off my butt and try it. Wayne is jonesing for queso! Pics to come.

I can’t wait to try this.

Hope you like it… I’m actually eating another one right now. Decided to double down, since my Son also wanted one today. :slight_smile: I actually added Italian Dressing on this one. Something I forgot to try yesterday, since I like it on Taco’s. … But I really need to purchase a large spatula too! Easier flipping…

(Mame) #1450

Brunch:

Duck egg with refried black soy beans, avocado, cheese, salsa on a bed of shredded cabbage

Keto Spaghetti

Working down in the basement almost all day, so just a quick simple Dinner… Some Pulled Pork and two Italian Sausage. Also had 2 Squares of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate and an Almond Milk.

(Candy Lind) #1453

Last day at home, eating what’s left in the fridge. We actually came out nearly even! I’m eating sausage & chicken with some Rao’s that needed to go, Wayne’s eating sautéed cod & broccoli, and we had radishes that needed to go, so I “hash browned” them. Not crispy like hash browns, but they taste pretty good with that bit of onion & bacony flavor from the nectar.

(Jane) #1454

Homemade Houlimi and lettuce and radishes from the garden

(Karen) #1455

That looks like a painting, and delicious too.

I did something not very boring and typical today so I am here again.
I had some beef tendons and I know everything is wonderful in my eggy flatbreads… :smiley:
It was quite nice especially the spicy one (well, both are spicy, the red pepper one then), it managed to remind me very very much to the best parts of an old favorite, a traditional Hungarian dish (mostly pasta and potatoes but lots of fat too. and of course, lots of red pepper)… These flatbreads amaze me as they are very pasta/bread-like and they shouldn’t be that considering they are eggs and meat or tendon or something similar :slight_smile: Whatever, I am glad I have this variety.
I eat carnivore-ish again. I had two weeks, 24/7 with a high-carber who cooked our food though I inevitably ended up making my eggy dishes… And opened fish cans, I never was into them but I found some nice and I can’t buy proper meat since months. I love my smoked pork but it’s not something I can eat galore.

The vegetables are from my garden. Except some tomato puree…
I dislike green leaves in general but this one (garden cress) is spicy! I still don’t need it but adds color, fun and we have a bit much :smiley:

I saw there were talking about sweeteners since I came here last time…
Nothing can save stevia from my wrath and disgust, I have this with most overly sweet sweeteners, I always use erythritol or xylitol. It’s xylitol now as I run out of the former. Or some other stuff but that’s sugar, be it HWC or fruit or honey but I don’t use the latter on keto (and very rarely off keto)… Not using sweetener is a valid option too, it works even for me and I don’t even want to lose my sweet tooth let alone being able to control myself. But sweetness is a bit overrated…
(Says the one who ate 6 sweet pancakes after the flatbreads. And some eggs. But it’s not a meaty day so I indulged myself. I do this or end up eating much more carbs and that wouldn’t be nice…)

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1457

Cheese burgers and bacon! :blush:

Today’s meals…

Lunch… Italian Chaffle Sandwich & Pulled Pork - Dinner… Country Steak, Ribs & Brussel Sprouts.

(Virginia ) #1459

@Digital_Dave Happy 2nd Ketoversary Honey. Very proud of you…keep it up. Love you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1460

Things Are Poppin’ :hot_pepper: :yum:

A Pound O’ Jalapeño Peppers stuffed with Bacon, Cream Cheese and Kerrygold Skellig Cheddar and a stripe of Sriracha Sauce. And I’ll eat as many as I want because OMAD. A pound of peppers isn’t a problem for me! :crazy_face:

Probably too many carbs from Jalapeños but I don’t care today! :wink::yum::cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks, Honey. Love ya…

Yesterday’s meals: Brunch was avocado toast on homemade keto bread, Organic pasture raised eggs fried in avocado oil, and chicken sausage links. Dinner was 100% grass fed beef, white wine and cheddar cauliflower cheese casserole, and chipotle coleslaw. The cheese sauce from the cauliflower casserole was delicious! I held some back when making the casserole and added some to my patty. B1017DDA-025D-4D78-9CA6-4D36E31BB8D4 9A965917-5D97-43AC-898C-58508B688E44 7B0368CC-340D-47D6-8F7C-CB0EB89BC163

Woohoo, I figured it out. This is an older pic, I used it to learn how to reduce size so that the forum software would accept it. Looks like I am back in business. Salmon, broccoli, cremini and shitake mushrooms, all bathed in butter.

(Candy Lind) #1464

And that was broccolini, right? That’s what they call it here, at least.

I’m enjoying seeing what everyone is having. I have no pics, because I’ve just forgotten to take them since I got back on the road, but I HAVE to tell you about last night’s BBQ experience. The H-E-B grocery chain in Texas has opened some “True Texas BBQ” places in some of their stores. Our delivery was at a warehouse right next to one of these H-E-Bs, so we decided to give it a try (had not had a chance while we were home, but heard good things about it). That was the most KICK-ASS smoked brisket I have had in ages. The bark was not sugary and was AMAZING. I’m sure it had some sugar, so I didn’t eat it all, but took several bites of it because the first bite was … words can not express. :heart_eyes: They also had one low-carb side item, green beans, so we both got that. If you live in Texas and have a chance to try True Texas BBQ, GO FOR IT.

This morning we went to a truck stop that had breakfast items, and we’re going to be in the sticks of the Texas Panhandle for the next 6-8 hours, so we got some bacon & sausage.

(Anneke Amis) #1465

Oooo! Thanks for sharing about the restaurant in Searcy. I live in Austin, AR and it’s not too far from me. :slight_smile:

Last night fooled around & made Coconut Bread from the DietDoctor website, just to try it out. Wasn’t bad really, but could definitely use some work. - So today I used some to make a couple small Italian Sandwiches/sub for lunch. … Think I will be doing some research on coming up with a bread recipe for use though. I know the family has been enjoying Chaffles here recently, but I’m not a huge fan, though they do work for the purpose. Would rather just have some nice bread to work with here and there.

*The bread on the left was sliced (and toasted) from the small loaf made, (which could be bigger) and the one on the right was the extra batter placed in another bread pan with a decorative shape. *