What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Jody) #1125

Wednesday OMAD:

Did a Costco run so, of course, while vacuum sealing the ground beef … the dogs and I had to share some (raw). I logged 8 oz but it’s not in the picture.

Dinner was 5 air fried (in the Ninja Foodi) seasoned chicken legs with a salad (just lettuce) and homemade mayo as dressing.

OMAD yesterday: Chickenliver, marinated in sour cream, fried up with bacon and topped with some more sour cream (the flavors blend nicely) mushrooms, half a red bell pepper, and the second harvest from the bolted onion. The second harvest was bigger and better than the first. Now the onion is going into the dirt in the garden and we’ll see if it can yield a third harvest. The young shoots taste really good, and it’s neat that they come from something I used to throw out.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1127

Busy morning in the garden - the grass is cut, the beanpoles are up and the beans are in!

Celebrated with lunch al fresco. Sausage, cheese and creme fraiche frittata with krautsalat and a strong brew. Perfect!

The sun went in for the half hour it took to eat this and do the crossword. It’s now VERY warm again out there!

(Karen) #1128

The three suns of HD 131399Ab

Rot roh one went nova

(Candy Lind) #1129

Open-faced roast beef chafflewich with mayo, mustard, pickles, romaine. I reduced the cheese and added psyllium husk powder to these, and they toast up nicely. I get my dash minis today, so I’ll try a couple of new recipes.

PS I’ve been reducing my photos to the “medium” choice, which in this case reduced the photo from 1.9 mb to 132 kb (which should really help the thread last longer if most people do it). Is the reduction really degrading the pics, or are they still decent when viewed on a computer? I use nothing but my phone for this. Just wondering!

('Jackie P') #1130

What a truly beautiful space!:heart_eyes:

I had a wonderful day. A walk over the Downs with a friend (safe distance)! A front garden chat with some other friends. Then a very lazy dinner,

Sausage fondue! :slightly_smiling_face:

Basically all the odds and sods of cheese melted with a dash of cream and some grainy mustard! :yum:

(Bacon for the Win) #1131

tuna melt with avocado on a chaffle.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, some sour cream, turmeric, chives, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, a little finely chopped onion and tomato, and chopped farmer’s cheese. Popped in the micro for a minute, stirred, popped in for another minute. Nice flavor, a little dry but I am out of heavy sweet cream. A lazy person’s soufflé. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #1133

Am I the only person to try chaffles and think they’re kinda OK but nothing special? :joy:

Yes. :slight_smile:

(Karen) #1135

They are not a replacement for bread… they’re a replacement for NO bread. :rofl::joy:

(Karen) #1136

Curried egg salad lunch

(Ron) #1137

I’m there with ya, not great but doable. I use them more as place holders like bread for sandwiches.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1138

Eggs with Chester and Arkansas T-Bones

:wink::joy::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

Lunch… Fried Eggs and Sausage.

Dinner… Haddock, Top Sirloin, Shrimp and Deviled Eggs. Also a Root Beer Zevia and Tea.

Lots of cooking including smoking a pork loin plus making homemade burgers and my youngest daughter wanted meatloaf so I made her some mini meatloaves. My dinner is just burgers and beans

Cooking is actually my hobby so that amount of work is actually needed for me :smiley: I just don’t want really complicated meals. A few minutes are more than okay.
It’s lucky you like boiled eggs. They got old WAY too quickly. It’s my least beloved egg dish (if we don’t consider mayonnaise, I couldn’t eat that. and I’m not particularly into sunny side ups either). Still okay now and then but only if I use way more egg whites so I need to do something with the yolks. Whole boiled eggs are not for me except if I pickle them, well that’s really no work, just time! But I need variety so it’s sometimes deviled eggs. Pancakes are my favs despite being more time-consuming but they are usually best for a fresh warm meal.

I tried the simplest chaffles (not in waffle form so they weren’t actually that), nice but that’s it. I never used it as “bread”. I have keto bread, carnivore bread and usually not much idea why I would need a bread for, actually.

@Keto6468: I definitely didn’t expected astronomy in this thread but I got pleasantly surprised. I didn’t know about this exoplanet, I have my light reading in bed for today, thanks!

I have a photo from yesterday, mildly boring and not a good one (my sausages look burnt but they aren’t) but my pickled eggs are colorful :smiley:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #1142

@Shinita so that’s what pickled eggs look like. To me it doesn’t look boring at all. Pickled eggs… I should try these.:heart:

(Jane) #1143

Got back into cheesemaking again. Homemade feta. It is supposed to age 5-7 days in the fridge… not sure it’s going to last that long!!!

(Jody) #1144

Thursday OMAD.

Had a good run, so I had to have a good meal…

18oz Ribeye, Sautéed mushrooms, and brussels sprouts w/ butter