What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

I like this place more and more, it’s not just some series of photos with some text about it. I kind of like this forum in general to begin with but I prefer cosy nests without politics and fights and similar things. Fights have their place if done correctly but I need safe warm places. There is a very nice community here :heart:

I probably will repeat myself at some point and won’t show my zillions scrambled eggs but now I made my first sour cream and dill deviled eggs! I knew it will be good and indeed, it is. Gloomy weather, let’s see what happened with my photo.

After my calorie rich last day (no surplus, probably but it’s still surprisingly heavy for a carnivore day of mine, I usually get satiated easily) I was no hungry but there were a fresh scrambled eggs… After the first bite I easily ate everything. 2 scrambled eggs, 4 deviled eggs (using 3 yolks, I always prefer more whites. they look rustic as I just used the fork I mixed the stuffing with. I see no point in making a mess with a fancier shape as it’s not important for me, not even for a photo) and 20g smoked pork ribs.
I surely will have some light dinner too.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1086

You and I have some favourite foods in common, @Shinita - that all looks absolutely divine!!

(Allie) #1087

I keep looking at deviled eggs and mean to get around to it, but never do as they look like too much effort for my lazy style of cooking. Plus I cook and take food to work each day, rarely eat at home except weekends, and imagine the mess they’d end up in…

For some reason I was ravenous yesterday. I had 3 easy over eggs with bacon for breakfast, figuring that would hold me for the rest of the day. Then I decided to make the chaffles ahead of time, so I could have one for dinner. Big mistake, the scent of chaffles was irresistible! So I had a chaffle with Brie and avocado. Dinner was 2 chaffles (yes, I got another one), Romaine lettuce, ham, mayo, olives, pickled mushrooms and a quarter avocado. Thankfully, I am not hungry this morning. I did work in the garden yesterday, so maybe that’s why I was so hungry. As I was working, I suddenly felt something around my ankles - my undies had dropped down! Had to go order some smaller ones, can’t have that, LOL! Will wear pants until my new undies arrive. Just a day in the life of a ketoer, I suppose. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1089

@velvet You made my morning so far with that one! :wink::laughing::joy::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1090

I pop the egg yolks into a poly bag with seasonings/herbs/mayo, seal it with a clippy and squidge it around until it’s smooth - then snip the corner off and pipe the resulting yumminess into the empty whites.

(This is very a low-effort approach, but not very environmentally-friendly, I’m afraid.)

I can’t bear devilled eggs that have been made in advance and stored, say, overnight in the fridge - but the poly bag approach is absolutely perfect for this scenario - because it just doesn’t congeal in the way it would if it’s already in the whites and exposed to the air. I make several days’ worth in the one bag, and just pipe what’s required just before they’re to be eaten (obviously once you’ve snipped the corner you need a second clippy!).

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, @velvet! You’ve given me such a giggle!!!

('Jackie P') #1091

Hilarious, and also well done for losing a knicker size!
I got peckish early today, and cooked these !

They were the dog’s for sure! :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1092

I didn’t know you had a dog Jax! :joy::joy::joy:

('Jackie P') #1093

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1094

@velvet I can’t tell you how many times I’ve picked up something heavy like a couple bags of groceries and had my pants fall down when I was walking while I was dropping weight. New clothes become necessary with KETO! :scream::joy::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

Luckily I am still under self-quarantine and wear sloppy clothes. My pants have a draw string and I can tighten the waist easily. I had to get a couple of new house dresses already though, because they slipped down over my shoulders. Learned to avoid V necks. :slight_smile: The big expense will come when I venture out into society again and will need street clothes.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1096

Yellow Thai fish curry. It’s been a while since I made this so it felt like a huge treat!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #1097

Chicken and cheesy caulimash…I made this for the sugar burners and it went down like a pair of lead drawers…looks like I’ll be making caulimash for one next time!! :joy::joy:

Extra thick cream and lovely M&S raspberries for pudding!

OMAD… Ham and Cheese Scrambled Eggs, Fried Ham and Sausage patties. Also had some Chicken drum-sticks with Heart, Liver, Gizzard. Had 20 Almonds, Black Cherry Zevia and Iced Tea.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1099

Cinco de Mayo & Taco Tuesday, Hold the Corona Please! :beer: :microbe:

Grilling the skirt steak for Carne Asada

Carne Asada and Chorizo with Onions, Pico de Gallo, Lime Wedges and Cilantro. Lettuce cups for Taco Shells.

Accompaniments for a proper Corona Free Solo Cinco de Mayo Party. Muy Bueno Comida! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Paulene ) #1100

Ahh… Have you noticed any difference in weight loss or other things?

Thank you :slight_smile: I simply CAN’T get bored with them. I mean, I couldn’t eat them each and every day or too many of them at once, sure but I easily eat them very very often…

@Shortstuff: I prefer very simple things myself but they are simple enough. Very quick and easy unless I want to make dozens. I only mixed 3 hard-boiled egg yolks with something else (mustard, sour cream, dried dill, salt this time) and filled the whites. It took a few minutes. I often keep hard-boiled eggs in the fridge so they were already there (even peeled but that’s a minute for 4 well-behaving hard-boiled eggs and most are well-behaving enough).
Cooking vegetables, that is the complicated stuff (it depends on the vegetables but usually. I lived on vegetable dishes for decades and it’s so nice to make mostly egg dishes now, so quick and easy).
But they are best eaten at home, indeed. Or made into some egg salad, with smaller egg white pieces and the filling everywhere, in a safe container, eaten with a spoon. Quiche muffins should work too. And quite many egg dishes, I imagine. I ate some kind of omelets from boxes in my life but I prefer most egg dishes warm and fresh (or cold as I ate mostly egg yolk ice cream today).

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1102

And it was so good you had two! :joy::joy::joy:

Lo siento Clare estoy muy borracho en mi fiesta en solitario Cinco de Mayo! :crazy_face::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Karen) #1103

Working on bone broth.

I have been freezing tag ends of carrots celery onions mushrooms and a variety of bones

(Candy Lind) #1104

You know, I have beef gelatin around to put in cookies (makes them chewy!) but didn’t think about thickening with it. DOH! :crazy_face: So that’s another option. But with the tiny amount of conjac required & the fact that I have two bottles of it, I might be more inclined to use that for a while!