What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

I get these at Amazon…

Sausage, liver, ribeye, eggs, mixed salad…happiness :slight_smile:

(Mame) #63

Lunch. OMAD?

Lamb neck stew with riced cauliflower

(Brandy) #64

Keto Do-is-dos (those peanut butter sandwich Girl Scout cookies). This stay at home order is proving problematic- so I’m just fasting a lot more to try and offset the cortisol and stress cooking/eating. I’m not even trying to lose right now- just hold steady.

Did TMAD today…

Lunch - Bacon, Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Sausage… Dinner - 2 Cheese-Burgers with Onions, Pepperoni, Pickled Sausage and some Greek Yogurt. Also had a Grape Zevia and an Almond Milk.

('Jackie P') #66

Worked a long day. Sausage chaffle for lunch and chilli stuffed pepper for dinner!

Oh and I had a dish of yogurt, cream and peanut butter! My new addiction :yum:

I was so excited to eat these homemade wings I was several in before I thought to take a pic. Half spicy and half salt and pepper. OMAD excitement got the better of me lol.

(Brandy) #68

Chili. That is all. Oh wait. No it’s not. There’s bacon in it. :bacon:

(Jody) #69

Tuesday OMAD:

16oz Ribeye and 2/3 lb [70/30 GF/F] Ground Beef. There was about 1.5oz of cheese that was not pictured … eaten as just blocks.

(Mame) #70

Thanks for all you are doing caring for people. Wishing you a peaceful rest!

('Jackie P') #71

Thank you @cervyn, I appreciate your good wishes. And thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts. :kissing_heart:

(Jane) #72

Fried eggs and pork belly

(Allie) #73

@Janie you need mayo or something under the eggs to make smile :joy:

I’ve had to accept that my body and pork aren’t a good mix.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #74

A friend kindly delivered our veg order from the village stores this morning - including four yard-long (well, nearly) leeks and two very rustic-looking very leafy cauliflowers. I spotted the wherewithall for an EXTRA batch of soup just using the muddy tops (I washed them!) of the leek leaves (the ones from the supermarket tend to have more of this cut away than the ones I got this morning) and all the leaves and some of the core from the cauliflowers.

The soup was very very green and very very ‘worthy’-looking (read: boring) - and after tasting it I decided it needed spicing up a bit! Bunged in some more nutritional yeast, and a tablespoon each of ground cumin and ground coriander - which turned it into the BEST SOUP I’VE EVER MADE - curry in a bowl! We had some for lunch garnished with a load of cubed cheddar and pretended it was saag paneer…

#nailedit

The best thing is that I still have four leeks and two cauliflowers left - out of four leeks and two cauliflowers! - so there is plenty more soup potential right there. It’s really reassuring to have these ingredients on hand - Mr S has got his biologics infusion tomorrow for his RA (they’d postponed it, and it’s no longer even going to be done at the hospital, but in the college next door to the hospital) so we’re trying even harder to not have contact with anyone. Which is fine, as we’ve got everything we need for now.

Chicken liver, marinaded in sour cream for 12 hours (my Great Dane enjoys the left over marinade over her dinner!), bacon, one Anaheim pepper with sharp Cheddar cheese. If you eat liver, definitely marinade it in cream, sweet or sour. It makes all the difference in texture and plumps it and mellows the flavor.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #76

Oooh, thanks for the tip, @velvet! Although I’ll eat pretty much anything, I don’t at all enjoy liver in its ‘solid’ format (although I enjoy making and eating liver pate) - so I’m really pleased to hear that its texture can be improved and the flavour toned down a bit by using cream. And adding cream to anything, well… YESSSSSSS!

Lunch… Eggs, Sausage and Italian Sausage. Unsure if this will be OMAD just yet?

IMG_3196

Lamb (my husband’s coworker has his own lambs), eggs, sausage, mixed salad… :slight_smile:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #79

Fish pie. #comfortfood

Veg was lovely - broccoli (because I’m addicted), and the shredded cabbage and leek included mind-altering amounts of farm butter…

(Ellen) #80

Jackie, you’re a hero, thank you.